Terrorist attacks??

nfbr

What the hell happened yesterday? I seem to miss out on all the news these days with working all the time...

So if people could discuss and fill me in on what happened!

I expect a full report from at least some of you On my desk by 3 o'clock lol!

Cheers guys.

Thing is they are all British born apparently.......their parents were the immigrants, probably when their original country was part of the British Empire.

The one thing that f*cks me off more than anything about this whole 'War on terror' & associated events is that it has somehow been twisted into an issue of religion! 'The war on the West' is supposedly because of the Western worlds controlling & plundering of the Eastern/Arab nations riches & resources. Where the f*ck does religion come into that? Why the f*ck are these supposedly British born terrorists attempting to attack Britain? Britain is their home nation as well us 'Westerners' too!

The only way to try & justify these actions is to declare this situation as an attack on their religion & beliefs which it is certainly isn't. The only thing that has allowed situation to spiral supposedly into being a religious issue was the knee-jerk & ill-informed actions of certain minority groups within our communities, which in turn have allowed our national press to hype this up into a story that wont go away, reap them guaranteed sales, & will continue the cycle of mis-information for decades to come.

Lets get this straight, there is not & never was a religious war! It only began when we allowed ourselves to be duped by the real controlling parties in all of this.... The media & the Terrorists who insist on commiting these horrific acts. Religion is used as a cheap defense against the in-defensible by the weak & cowardly, & is another example of how the human race as a whole can corrupt even the purest of conceptions.

It doesn't matter what nationality, creed or religion you are, the bottom line is that the ceasing of an individuals existance (be it through natural causes or not) is that individuals decision & theirs alone.

*RANT OVER*

Have a good Friday people! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Problem is....banning Muslims from flying is just making the whole situation worse. Bottom line is....that smug tit at Downing Street should never have followed his boyfriend to Iraq. We have no real reason to go there apart from oil and it just supplies these terrorist leaders with good propaganda to brainwash all these gullable people into blowing things up.

I remember a quote in one of the daily broadsheets recently that said "it's a sad fact that whilst not all Muslims are terrorists, the majority of terrorists are Muslims".

Can't argue with that.

That may be the case, but if anything that statement actually re-inforces the fact that is not actually a religious war due to the fact that (A) The majority of Muslims are not involved in these actions (B ) Its the minority that are using religion as justification for their actions.

Edited by Max69vk

what i cant understand if they dont like us or like england why the hell

dont they just take there stupid selfs back to were they come from!

It's always a topic of conversation these days and quite rightly too. I agree with the above statement, send the f*cking lot of them back to where they come from and don't let em back into this country, EVER! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Hell that's just my opinion, but it does seem to be most peoples these days.

the answer is... ban all religion (or at least take make a start by taking away all it's current benefits - tax on all donations as they aren't charities, make them pay council tax for their buildings etc.) Don't mind people of a like mind meeting up in a shared building as long as i'm not subsidising it. Lots of churches have already closed up here, tighten the purse strings a bit more and most people will just give it up.

The Muslim religion is a bit more fanatical than Christianity though. The only reason there are so many suicide bombers is that they all think that by fighting and dying on behalf of Allahs cause they are going to get into heaven and be rewarded with 400 virgins - how do you fight a belief like that confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Edited by Phantom Photon

The Muslim religion is a bit more fanatical than Christianity though.

I wouldn't go as far to say that! Christianity is one of the newest of all religions, & isn't even a 'pure' religion as it is a version of Catholisism that was tweaked by the Royals (cant remeber which one) centuries ago because it didn't suit they're requirements. Look how far Christianity has spread in its relatively short time of existance, & then there's being a born again Christian, Evangalism etc etc. Being fanatical comes in many forms wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I'm not a religious person so I may be wrong on this but I always thought that suicide and the taking of life in the Christian/Catholic religion was a sin. How many Christian bombers do you see blowing themselves up in the name of their god?

I'm not a religious person so I may be wrong on this but I always thought that suicide and the taking of life in the Christian/Catholic religion was a sin. How many Christian bombers do you see blowing themselves up in the name of their god?

You were aware of the Northern Ireland conflict? Again another example of a territorial war that escalated to a religious issue (not helped by the fact, it was sparked by the killing of several Catholic nuns by Christian soldiers). The only difference is that Christians & Catholics are either sensible enough or do not have 'enough' belief (depending on how you view it) to blow themselves up in the process.

Killing is a sin in any religion, hence the ridiculous nature of this being a 'Holy' war.

Edited by Max69vk

Only in major incidents, for every one reported in the news or in the tabloids there would have been 10 that weren't. Whilst they may not have been on the same scale, they would have been carried out 'in the name of religion'. Dont get me wrong Im not trying in any way to say that one religion is 'better' than another, but if you take a look from a different perspective there are so many things that can/could be attributed to religion.

The Romans once dominated the world, & it is viewed as being exactly that, the Roman nation waging war on others to dominate the world. If the same thing happened in the modern world would it be viewed in the same way, or as a religious war (seeing as how the majority of modern day Italy is Catholic)?

Rah it all just annoys me though - and should we believe all thats on the news?

After all they are journalists.........and do we believe everything we read in the papers?

I did read somewhere though that due to yesterday that the price of a barrel of light sweet crude oil had dropped slightly

Well - thanks bossjohn, you were the only helpful post in that...

I ASKED WHAT HAD HAPPENED NOT FOR A DEBATE...

however - the debate was entertaining smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />