The Cambridge Lupo(s)

jon_273

Bl**dy hell, handbags at dawn! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Nice bit of info on the filter, definately a handy mod for the summer wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Bl**dy hell, handbags at dawn! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Nice bit of info on the filter, definately a handy mod for the summer wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Edited by cardaft

Nice car never read this thread before i looked at a dmage repairable cambridge lupo and they are quite a nice model the alloys set them off and in the green it looked quite nice thumbsup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbsup:" border="0" alt="thumbsup.gif" />

also i think the pollen filter is a good and usefull modification but this leads me on to something i have said on here before (not criticising) i cant believ how low specced the lupos are my 1.4 S arosa has Remote central locking, electric windows, pollen filter etc yet on a lupo you would need at the very least an SE to get this spec and then the locking still wouldnt be by remote? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

back on topic wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> whats next for mods? lowering?

wayne

also i think the pollen filter is a good and usefull modification but this leads me on to something i have said on here before (not criticising) i cant believ how low specced the lupos are my 1.4 S arosa has Remote central locking, electric windows, pollen filter etc yet on a lupo you would need at the very least an SE to get this spec and then the locking still wouldnt be by remote? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

wayne

Yeah i agree, why do lupos get some things and arosas get other things. Like lupos have a full size spare, arosas have a space saver. S, Sport arosas have remote central locking where only the GTi does i think.

And the SE does without central locking and electric windows but they were an option.

Yep they are a nice spec though, they have some nice touches like the perforated leather steering wheel, cambridge lights and obviously the nice wheels.

Chris

Nice car never read this thread before i looked at a dmage repairable cambridge lupo and they are quite a nice model the alloys set them off and in the green it looked quite nice thumbsup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbsup:" border="0" alt="thumbsup.gif" />

back on topic wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> whats next for mods? lowering?

wayne

Yep I know what you mean, sometimes I wonder where they saved the money on the Arosa blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> .

As for mods, I've just fitted some Aero wiper blades. Just doing small things for now. I think in the spring I might upgrade the ARB (fit the GTi ARB maybe), then get some eibach springs. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I think in the spring I might upgrade the ARB (fit the GTi ARB maybe), then get some eibach springs. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Very worthwhile mods i must say...

My TDI handled great on the eibach springs, it was a bit "knocky" when going over pot holes (dont ask) but otherwise handled great.

Also the thicker ARB should help the springs. Handling wise the only other thing i'd suggest would be upgrading the shocks to something like a Bilstein sport, or a koni red.

sometimes I wonder where they saved the money on the Arosa blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> .

half size rear arch liners rather than the lupos full ones there also of a different material i think both meaning that there is more road noise especially when wet

boot sides are NOT carpeted

only missing things off top of my head rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> think we got the better deal wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

wayne

half size rear arch liners rather than the lupos full ones there also of a different material i think both meaning that there is more road noise especially when wet

boot sides are NOT carpeted

only missing things off top of my head rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> think we got the better deal wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

wayne

Third sunvisor also, there are quite a few differences but i carnt think of any more at the moment.

We sure did biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Chris

The windmill pictures were taken in Hartlepool.

Recognised the road before I saw the windmill, only thing with taking photos there is that you can't get far enough away to get the car and full windmill in the shot due to the hedge.

Did you jip over the fence and go right up to it? It keeps geting bigger! Looks massive when you're right underneath it. The biggest ones in the UK I think, 340ft high if I'm not mistaken.

Might be an idea not to do all the small things first, cos once you've done the ARB and springs and things you'll want something else to do to keep you busy, and everything just keeps getting more expensive!

Very worthwhile mods i must say...

My TDI handled great on the eibach springs, it was a bit "knocky" when going over pot holes (dont ask) but otherwise handled great.

Also the thicker ARB should help the springs. Handling wise the only other thing i'd suggest would be upgrading the shocks to something like a Bilstein sport, or a koni red.

Thats good to know then, the eibach springs are highly recommended so i think ill go for them. We compared my car to Cardafts TDi and 1.0 Arosas, and mine rolls so much more! I was planning to keep the original shocks as i'm only lowering by 30mm.

Were those pics with the windmills taken up by Craghead by any chance?
The windmill pictures were taken in Hartlepool.

Recognised the road before I saw the windmill, only thing with taking photos there is that you can't get far enough away to get the car and full windmill in the shot due to the hedge.

Did you jip over the fence and go right up to it? It keeps geting bigger! Looks massive when you're right underneath it. The biggest ones in the UK I think, 340ft high if I'm not mistaken.

Might be an idea not to do all the small things first, cos once you've done the ARB and springs and things you'll want something else to do to keep you busy, and everything just keeps getting more expensive!

Yep they were taken right near your house Phil! It was really awkward to get the photos, as you say the windmills are too big to get a full picture of them. I took about 30 photos and those were the only decent ones!

We sure did biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Chris

Hmm not too sure about that wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

• 7 months later...