Where Tigz has been hiding.

Tigz™

You crack me up Andi, Your a serial DIYer with ADHD... Projects start but never finish laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Good luck mate, I know how much of a task doing that is.

Your a serial DIYer with ADHD...

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You'd be surprised just how true that is!

Its coming on though, ceiling is done in the living room, and I've just finished the hall and stairway ceiling.

Not great in this weather!

Blimey!! Good effort that Tigz.

I'm of the "pay someone else to do it rather than **** it up myself" school of thought!

We've done all the decorating in our new pad, but when it comes to knocking down and rebuilding walls, fitting bathrooms and floors and plumbing I'd rather get someone in.

Looks like you've done a good job though. Better than me! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I'm of the "pay someone else to do it rather than **** it up myself" school of thought!

I would also, except I cant afford to.

We've been here for three years, and the flooring I am fitting is the first bit of flooring we've laid.

I run out of cash once I built the kitchen and bathroom, so neither of those rooms have any paint, or tiles on them yet.

It will be nice to have one room finished!

Went out last night to the local.

They only sell there own brand of beer and larger, and the weakest they sell is 5% so by the time we hit town I was ***** faced.

I had to be carried to the taxi, then into the living room, shortly before I puked DSC01188.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC01191.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

I'll hopfully be there this time.

Missed the past two sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Lookin' good Andi!

And Jon, get some new pics!

Here's a tip for anyone moving in to a flat and lugging stuff up stairs.. wear gloves. It stops you spilling blood all over your nice furniture after having made mincemeat out of your hands on the walls whilst carrying things like washing machines and fridge freezers up the stairwell!

Moving everything in was a real task - especially the three seat sofa. Getting it up to the 1st floor (my ground floor) was an absolute art - then had to manouvre it so it was sticking half out over the balcony... then take the front door off, and finally take the door *and* the door frame off of the lounge. I put it all back together today though. If that sofa ever goes, it'll be in small chunks.

It's all coming together nicely though - will have to get some pics soon!

Andy, Im sorry dude.

Just had too much to get done. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

John, I remember living in a 3rd floor flat, we had to remove the front room window, and lift everything up with a rope!

Glad to have a house now lol

• 2 weeks later...

Had another week off work, so got started on the old kitchen.

When I say kitchen, it was just a room with a sink, and two cupboards!

This was always the worst room in the house, as it started life as the outside loo so none of the walls are anywhere near straight.

Got to pick Rob up at 6am tomorrow so we can finish the plastering, not great as its my stag do tomorrow night so I could have done without an early start!

My battery is dead so I'll take a few pics once we're done.

As the washing machine used the sink for its draining, I had to get the plumbing sorted in the old shower room.

Pulled out the sink, shower and toilet, and added electrics.

Plumbed up the washer, and moved the dryer in there.

As the drains are at the back of the house, and Ive moved the kitchen to the front the easiest way of getting the waste pipe from the new sink to the drains, was through a bricked up chimney breast in the new kitchen.

I removed a brick from the old shower room wall, and drilled a 16mm hole with a two foot long drill bit through four layers of solid fire proof brick and I still didn't reach the other side!

Somehow pure luck saved the day, when I removed one brick from the kitchen side of the chimney and found I was lined up perfectly!

Another hour to break out and remove the holed bricks and I was done.

It took over an hour just to drill through!

Need to finish the kitchen tomorrow ready for the work top man to come round next week to fit the worktops.

I do have the template needed to do it myself, but theres some wired shaped walls in there, and on two of them we need to use breakfast bar top, and cut it down to allow a clean look.

My DIY days are almost through! lol

Got the base coat on the ceiling and walls in the living room and hall way (well Emma did) although we still have not decided on a colour scheme for either.

Tried playing with photo shop last night, but laid in bed at 1am I couldn't think straight.

So thats about it.

Looking forward to getting back to work again for another rest wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Hahaha, ace! Aren't you worried about scratches?

Nar, thats why I went for real wood, it'll add to the charm wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Hehe someones doing all my decorating for me!

But John - I'll take your advice re the gloves.....but maybe I'll just pass it on to Ben biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />