Newbie here so be nice!

KimmyJFK

Hiya

i'm a random newbie so be nice... I bought my Arosa a couple of months ago and speaking to some people, Am i right in thinking that either a Lupo GTI engine is a straight swop for the Arosa or an Audi could someone help me and if so how much am i looking at.

Piccis at the bottom of me and the motor (be nice) Car04-06089.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Car04-06092.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

570306273_m.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

you were on the FFOC welcome not sure its a start swap i believe there is alot involved!

Cheaper to buy GTI i would have thought.

Great color

looking good, and the car too!!!!!!

welcome to the club and nice to see another member to the candica (sp?) arosa group tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

about the engine swap for a Lupo GTi engine , the wiring looms and gearboxes are different i am affraid , to do the conversion you would need to change the whole wiring loom , engine , gearbox , clocks , pedal box and i think thats it . your easiest to buy an accident damaged lupo GTi or Polo GTi and that way you have all the parts you need

welcome to the club and nice to see another member to the candica (sp?) arosa group tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

about the engine swap for a Lupo GTi engine , the wiring looms and gearboxes are different i am affraid

The GTI has a hydrolic clutch.

But the Polo GTI doesn't, so fitting a Polo GTI is much easier smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Thanks guys

and to the first reply Yeah i'm on FFOC.... long story really.

Hi Biz69 you where serious about the buying of a seat Arosa.

Well After a bad two weeks it just gets worse.... parking in my local car park to work and have scratched all me bumper mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Thankfully my brothers a painter and panel beater so shouldn't cost and arm and a leg but by god am i annoyed this morning.

Anyway Thank you for the nice welcome guys I shall be on here more often....... It's either an engine conversion of the Suzuki swift but not for another two years till I pay off my ickle baby biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Hi Biz69 you where serious about the buying of a seat Arosa.

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> i was but didnt have enought money at the time sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

i will have one oneday tho wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Welcome Kimmy

Lovely colour of Arosa ! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> and nice pics too biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Looking nice and the car looks nice and almost identical to mine ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> except mines got a P reg plate on smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> is nice to see another on here same model as mine (alloys etc)and yours look bloddy imaculate ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Welcome to the club

If your thinking of taking it in a garage for the gti swap i wouldnt say its worth it to be fair, Mitch off here did the conversion into his lupo but he did it himself using the mechanicals and loom from a damage repairable polo gti so it worked out worthwhile for him as there was little further outlays such as labour

Always nice to see more white arosas about isnt it wayne wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />
you and tigz are so alike coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" /> rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

wayne

Edited by The subtle modder

Cheers chicken!!

love my Arosa and it was imaculate until i decided reverse into a pillar sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

it will be sorted tho!!! £70 and some decent sand paper and my knees killing later i'll be sorted.

Wheres everyone from?!

I saw a beautiful deep orange modded Arosa yesterday on castle Street in Hull (east yorkshire) thought it might be one of you lot!!!! Got to say that was a beauty! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

the early mk2's ( the phase 1's ) came in a burnt orange colour , but then they removed that colour and the dark metalic blue when they changed over to the mk2 phase 2 's

im from stoke so your unlikely to see me about, when you first posted i thought it was you i keep seeing on my way work as thats a youngish girl in a canica arosa but hers is an 02 so obviously not you smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

never seen the orange arosa on here thats a really really rare coulor that one, get a pic next time you see it wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> how did the pillar incident happen, just pure unlucky? i drove into a horizontal pole the other day as its bang on level height with the bit of bumper that sticks out above the front numberplate, still dont know how but anyway got out and not even a scratch or smudge of paint ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

wayne

im from stoke so your unlikely to see me about, when you first posted i thought it was you i keep seeing on my way work as thats a youngish girl in a canica arosa but hers is an 02 so obviously not you smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

never seen the orange arosa on here thats a really really rare coulor that one, get a pic next time you see it wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> how did the pillar incident happen, just pure unlucky? i drove into a horizontal pole the other day as its bang on level height with the bit of bumper that sticks out above the front numberplate, still dont know how but anyway got out and not even a scratch or smudge of paint ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

wayne

Lucky!!!

Erm.. went out with the ladies the night before still abit tiddly driving from friends house to work and stupidly misjudged!!! Not too much damage thankfully.. no brackets have snapped or anything so I'm lucky... Wouldn't of been drinking if it wasn't for the ex so I blame it on him... so would never drink under the influence. blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

i'll try get a picci of the orange beauty she's posted on one of my friends sites so I shall get him to take piccies.... it's a very nice little car...

What year did the orange ones come out?!

Cheers chicken!!

love my Arosa and it was imaculate until i decided reverse into a pillar sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

it will be sorted tho!!! £70 and some decent sand paper and my knees killing later i'll be sorted.

Wheres everyone from?!

I saw a beautiful deep orange modded Arosa yesterday on castle Street in Hull (east yorkshire) thought it might be one of you lot!!!! Got to say that was a beauty! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Manchester biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Lucky!!!

Erm.. went out with the ladies the night before still abit tiddly driving from friends house to work and stupidly misjudged!!! Not too much damage thankfully.. no brackets have snapped or anything so I'm lucky... Wouldn't of been drinking if it wasn't for the ex so I blame it on him... so would never drink under the influence. blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

i'll try get a picci of the orange beauty she's posted on one of my friends sites so I shall get him to take piccies.... it's a very nice little car...

What year did the orange ones come out?!

blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> hmm unlucky then

a pic of the orange one would be mint it sounds nice and has got to be the rarest colour if its the original bronze were thinking of, it should be a 2000/2001 so were talking a x reg/y reg?

wayne

polo gti is very easy mine was done in a day, noddy is going lupo gti...a bit more involved, welcome to club lupo. nice colour. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />