1.4 16v 75PS engine

amstrange1

I've tried using the search function to find out, but couldn't get it to work?

Anyway, can someone give me a definitive answer to the question - what are the key differences between the 75PS and 100PS versions of the 1.4 16v engine as used in the Lupo/Polo 6N2?

Reeto Nicki! Cheers for that.

I've been geeking on ETKA, it seems that the following have different part numbers between the 75PS and 100PS versions (I've only briefly looked at the engine block and head parts):

• cylinder head
  • cams (both inlet and exhaust)
  • pistons

The crank seems to be the same, and I presume the engine block is too. I'm guessing that as the above bits are different the cams in the 100PS may well be lairier, and that there may be a difference in compression ratios? Could do with a bit more detail than what ETKA has to offer really.

The pistons, and compression are the same.

The only difference is fuelling IMO.

As said in the other threads the inlet and throttle body is smaller.

The Sport is mapped to run on 98RON unleaded, where the 75hp is mapped on 95RON fuel.

The peak power on the Sport is improved yes, but on the bad side of this, the peak torque is up to 128NM @ 4500 rpm

The 75hp engine may be slightly less, but it still makes 126NM but without having to rag it, as its rated at 3500 rpm.

The throttle cable of the 75hp engine and the ECU it uses means a remap is only a custom code away, and with the rev limiter raised, and the fuelling sorted I'm confident it would make close to the same sort of power.

1.4-engine-spec.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

The pistons, and compression are the same.

The only difference is fuelling IMO.

As said in the other threads the inlet and throttle body is smaller.

The Sport is mapped to run on 98RON unleaded, where the 75hp is mapped on 95RON fuel.

The peak power on the Sport is improved yes, but on the bad side of this, the peak torque is up to 128NM @ 4500 rpm

The 75hp engine may be slightly less, but it still makes 126NM but without having to rag it, as its rated at 3500 rpm.

The throttle cable of the 75hp engine and the ECU it uses means a remap is only a custom code away, and with the rev limiter raised, and the fuelling sorted I'm confident it would make close to the same sort of power.

Cheers for that - actually is what I wanted to hear! Any inlet and exhaust differences aren't really important, I'm just trying to establish whether there's any penalty on using the 75PS basic block and head instead of a 100PS version.

The pistons are definately a different part number, but that doesn't mean a whole lot, hence me asking the question. What about cams? Does any kind person with access to ELSA fancy looking up the cam profiles? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I found this really useful too, thanks guys. have started looking out for the perfect lupo and have been completely thrown off course because of the confusion in the difference between the sport and the S. So i assume a sport would be a better purchase? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I found this really useful too, thanks guys. have started looking out for the perfect lupo and have been completely thrown off course because of the confusion in the difference between the sport and the S. So i assume a sport would be a better purchase? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

yep yep yep! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

My sport is mapped for 95RON. hoping that a custom remap will be able to use this to it's advantage smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

and maybe even get rid of that rev limiter.

• 3 weeks later...

Found this on EBAY had a little read of the description...... Interesting. Porsche head confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Found this on EBAY had a little read of the description...... Interesting. Porsche head confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

6 airbags? I thought the max any arosa/loop had was 4, and 2 of them were an option! Porsche head tuned by audi... or some bog standard vw engineers getting hold of the 75ps version of the 1.4 16v (not the 86ps which is from a polo, incidentally) and going "ahh now for the sport we vill do dis and dis and dis and hey presto there we have 100ps version ja?"

Edited by Petes 16V Sport

One vital bit is that the 100bhp has multi point injection thats why its 25bhp more. or at least thats what iv been told. wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Currently driving: Lupo 16v Sport running 112bhp on the dyno from only a custom filter!!

pretty sure they are both mpi blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

out of interest where was your car rolling roaded? (above)