Front Tyres

KennyGti

Bossjohnc - exactly what I was wondering. Currently on Kumhos and I've done 5k on them and I reckon they've got another 5k max on them. That is of course driving like it like its my last drive ever wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

If your worried about tyres ge some conti sports! they will fall apart before you can wear them out!

Tho they are a pile of *****! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Front Tyres, How long do they last? laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> how longs a piece of string?

sorry couldnt resist! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I think the correct answer is: On a Lupo Gti, Not very long at all tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I changed my original Dunlops for Toyos at 15k, and I'd have managed at least another 5k out of them if I'd have wanted to.

Toyos have been on for 10k now and they appear to have worn very well, plenty of life left in them.

I have had 6 pairs of front tyres on the car each set lasting between 8-10k miles (be it Yoko A539 or Toyo Proxes).

Edited by LINCOLNSHIRESLUPOGTI

I have had the car nearly 4 years now so the tyres are over quite a time period. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I know, i dont have a GTi but i only get 4000 miles from my front tyres. I dont spin the wheels in chav style either! I have had yoko A539 (4500 miles), Kumho Ecsta, soft compound (4000 miles). Looking at toyo R888 or yoko A048r next. Just wish i could get the mileage you all get from the GTi's.

know, i dont have a GTi but i only get 4000 miles from my front tyres. I dont spin the wheels in chav style either! I have had yoko A539 (4500 miles), Kumho Ecsta, soft compound (4000 miles). Looking at toyo R888 or yoko A048r next. Just wish i could get the mileage you all get from the GTi's.

dont you have some stupidly insane camber angle though?

dont you have some stupidly insane camber angle though?

it does run a few degrees of camber but the wear rate doesn't reflect that. I think i need a long range weather forecast so i can run slicks!! (note: i have never used slick tyres on the public roads) blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

hi ya iv got some 15" split rim bbs from the polo gti with an et 45 can anyone recomended what size tyre i should get

confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

haha

nope, is nothing to do with that

The front left gets the most abuse round roundabouts, and always takes the abuse in hard launching, hard left hand cornering left side driveshaft is shorter, so that wheel is the one that always spins up in said conditions

haha

nope, is nothing to do with that

The front left gets the most abuse round roundabouts, and always takes the abuse in hard launching, hard left hand cornering left side driveshaft is shorter, so that wheel is the one that always spins up in said conditions

Ah, your a right hand corner driver! the driveshaft length wont influence the wheelspin in any way, the longer right hand shaft is torsionally stiffer than the left shorter shaft to allow the length differential.

Ah, your a right hand corner driver! the driveshaft length wont influence the wheelspin in any way, the longer right hand shaft is torsionally stiffer than the left shorter shaft to allow the length differential.

o right,

my car is broken then