If only it looked this good!!!

Max69vk

Standard:

aro4a.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Modded:

aro4abigrimlow.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Only a novice at photoshopping but managed to slam & smooth it, boosted the rims to make them huge & deepened the front lower bumper & grill. Any one out there with a bit more skills on photoshop? I'd love to see what you could do to my car!!! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />:D:D:D:D:D YAY!!! another platinum grey arosa biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> and all i can say is I WANT THOSE SKIRTS!!!

as sad as this may sound , bad boy bonnet ??

I really like how that looks as standard mate smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Dont get me wrong, I love the motor as it is but it just seems to be that certain 'something' & I cant work out what it is! Perhaps it just needs the foglights & slamming even further?

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> i think we should mix parts of my car with your car mate cause i have the colour coded bumpers ( lower halfs ) and the fog conversion laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />:D:D:D:D:D YAY!!! another platinum grey arosa biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> and all i can say is I WANT THOSE SKIRTS!!!

as sad as this may sound , bad boy bonnet ??

ive tried a bad boy bonnet on mine before looked awful. whats skirts have you got on there???

Nothin there to bad-boy really looks hard as anyway headlight wise.

Looks sweet as is mate. Though as you've smoothed the doors then smooth the bumpers, think this should help. Possibly a bit of widening too 13812372049.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Edited by Topper

Though as you've smoothed the doors then smooth the bumpers, think this should help. Possibly a bit of widening too wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Mate that is fantastic.

That pic has made me want an Arosa.

Cheers guys. I just love that colour. Definately has to be done, dump a lupo GTi engine in it and there you have a mini cupra!

You could try a dropping in a chipped 1.9 tdi lump, more torque than you can shake a hairy stick at! whistle.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":whistle:" border="0" alt="whistle.gif" />

I have just been offered some 17" rims that look almost identical to my current ones (& they're cheap), Im just not sure whether I should buy them or spend the money on a set of coil-overs & slam it on the rims I've got? Im trying to weigh up the pros & cons of each....

17"s rims-PRO : Look hard as 'kin nails! CON : Could make the car look like a roller skate!

Coilovers - PRO : Euro-style sittin in the weeds! CON : Lots of expensive side-skirt repairs!

Decisions, decicions.........

lower it mate wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> , think of it this way the wheels will fill the arches more when low

the 1.9TDi engine is just as hard as a 1.8T cause the mounts are different , the 1.8 and 1.9's have a 4 point mounting system where as the loops and rosas have a 3 point system

deck it on 17's and keep the road away form your skirts at the same time fe12c726.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

decked on 17's (fk konig sports, rears are set on the last thread with the lockers in still but not for long wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

deck it on 17's and keep the road away form your skirts at the same time fe12c726.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

decked on 17's (fk konig sports, rears are set on the last thread with the lockers in still but not for long wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Nice! Unfortunately I've not got enough free cash to do the rims & coilovers, its either one or the other at the moment. Do you get any problems with 17's catching or rubbing?

Nice! Unfortunately I've not got enough free cash to do the rims & coilovers, its either one or the other at the moment. Do you get any problems with 17's catching or rubbing?

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> did have but me and mr angle grinder soon solved that biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> im lookin to get the fronts flared out abit so we can go lower at the front. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

no arch linners in and removed some inner arch at the back as well as taking the front lips right off and halvin the width of the lips on the rears. so rubbing any more only on hard corners where theres a big bump in the road. flarring will solve that though.

17's arent for the faint hearted.

Edited by eXXXtreme arosa

When it comes to stuff like this i'm a bit of a mind over heart guy. I think too much of resale value sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

My 15"s rub at full lock at the moment laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> because the tyres are 55 instead of 45 profile. My kind of wheel is something like a schmidt modern line anyway so I dont ever think i'd be doing arch work on the car blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> All sounds a little bit too much for me! I didn't mind swinging the angle grinder at my last few cars but I dont fancy doing it to the Arosa. Looks like its going to be a life of expensive side skirt repairs & sitting my *ss inches from the floor!!! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> On that note.... Has anyone tried these - Coilovers ?

sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> All sounds a little bit too much for me! I didn't mind swinging the angle grinder at my last few cars but I dont fancy doing it to the Arosa. Looks like its going to be a life of expensive side skirt repairs & sitting my *ss inches from the floor!!! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> On that note.... Has anyone tried these - Coilovers ?

fk highsports are a similar price mate and they are tired, tested, and highly rated on here!

fk highsports are a similar price mate and they are tired, tested, and highly rated on here!

Cheapest I've seen the FK's for is £460 + postage, unless Im looking at the wrong kit wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> I tried to do a bit of research on them but could only find out that they are made by/owned by Hiltrac B.V., which is one of the bigger suppliers of suspension parts to private labels, including well known names in Germany and UK.

The springs are made in Holland and are made of the same spring steel (CrSi) as Eibach and/or H&R. Managed to find their website if anyone is interested. They look like a quality bit of kit & at over £100 less than the FK's they may be worth having a nose at.

There is a budget brand called 'fun tech'

Built in the same factory, by the same people as the FK coils.

Only thing is they are designed for racers who fit them, use them and replace the for the next race.

Don't think they are built to last really.