Help a photoshop novice :)

Cozboz

Ok just need a little help on a few things on photo shop... well basically i wanted to know how to make theses bathursts look black but without loosing its shading tone lol as when i try it goes all one solid colour black Barthurts.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

1f_12_sb.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

52_12_sb.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

These any good? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Has someone not just had their Bathursts refurbed dark grey on a silver GTi?

...have a search and you'll get the impression.

Just done a search: NBR had his sprayed anthracite. He seems to have taken the photo's down from the thread, but PM him and see if he'll post some more.

S!

Edited by Silver!

yer i know theres pictures of anthacite ones whicih i have but i really wanted to know how to make them black using photoshop smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Well i'm a cheapo so I use MS photodraw. Firstly I would adjust the brightness of the pic, then what I would do is highlight the actual wheel area and then do a bit of experimenting as to what colour I wanted. Adjust the transparency on that so you can actually see the contours of the wheel, then erase the parts which cover the badge (and wheelnuts if you had any showing) and hey presto, you have a different colour wheel!

Lowering; the way I do it is probably totally different to photoshop, people must have some tips on how to do it easy peasy smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I'll have a go for you if you have any good side on pics...

Ok just need a little help on a few things on photo shop... well basically i wanted to know how to make theses bathursts look black but without loosing its shading tone lol as when i try it goes all one solid colour black Barthurts.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

hi is this any good

Barthurts.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

PICT0013CL.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Heres one penry 2ndshop.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

or theres this one

1f_12_sb.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Yer mates thats exsactly what i wanted biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> cheers mate biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Edited by Cozboz

well i put them on the car and lowered it didn;t know how low u wanted it tell me wot u think

dean smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

well i put them on the car and lowered it didn;t know how low u wanted it tell me wot u think

dean smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Ah cheers mate, thats awesome biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> lol you should see my attempt lol,

Thanks alot again smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Yer i reckon there should be a how to on photoshopping tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> would help a lot of people i reckon smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by Cozboz

Had a go, while I was there I slammed it, smoothed the handles and stuck some tints on aswell. Only a quickie so a bit messy:

arosacozboz5eo.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Penry

Edited by penry

Thanks a lot Silver hae been looking at that site and have done this PICT0101CL.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Before

colourcoddedbumperssmoothed2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

After

They actually make bumpers like that, personally not for me but I do see a fair few Clios with that style and they don't look that bad if you like that sort of thing.

Good effort though biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Yer i dont like it now...it looses its aggresiveness with the grils being gone i reckon smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

are me and ( this is shocking but i have forgotten his name even though i harrased him about the fogs) but it seems that the two of us are the only ones that have painted the 2 vertical bars on the front bumper laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />