DJ's Sport

DJ

OK I have had it for a couple of weeks now so decided it was time to take some pics of it at last...

... it is a standard car at the moment and still in the 'Running In Period', it is sitting at sub 800 miles still so no big revs yet aberdeendj-DSC01081.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

aberdeendj-DSC01067.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

aberdeendj-DSC01069.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

It had just been cleaned which is why it looks so pretty.

Also shown is a picture of the old Lupo on its last day with me, I took it out for a nice blast and a few pictures.

aberdeendj-DSC00987.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

aberdeendj-DSC00978.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Edited by Tigz

Well you know what I mean... big revs are 4500 so only done 3000 so far wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• 3 weeks later...

QUOTE(Blue Loop)
3000 rpm are quite a lot for diesel engines, there you have them turbo blowing hard tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

looks stunning

Should I not be revving the diesel past 3000 :?:

This is the first time I have heard this.

QUOTE(twisty `b-road`)
Do like the grey

Loving the old car in the background.  

`aberdeendj-DSC00987`.jpg

It was making some racket anyway, the guy was just there revving it and then took off at about 50 mph!

Engine sounded well rough like there was a blockage or something and he was trying to blast it out.

I only rev mine up to 3000 (not all the time, just when you wanna move...and quick!) but I've never, from what I can remember, revved mine over 3500 :oops:

You can hear the turbo easy enough revving to 3000 but I'm too scared it's gonna blow up or something going much higher! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

And with my past experience of a `trouble-some` car...that's quite likely!

Phuck :!:

I was told the running in period was 1500 miles @ 2250 rpm!

Revved it to 3000(ish) once or twice now for overtaking, but not doing it all the time.

Darren (Lincolnshireslupogti) recently had (or is having) a lot of work done on his GTi engine (warranty). The guys dealing with it say that it's perfectly safe to rev the GTi engine to 9000RPM, but the limiter is set at about 7K for reliability. (That and the power depreciates after 6.5 anyway).

• 4 months later...

Like this pic so much I am going to put it up here as well... smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

`aberdeendj2-SANSSTRIPS3`.jpg

• 2 months later...

It was a nice day on sunday and the car was looking clean so I took the long (scenic) route to my parents and my camera.

Here are a few of the better pics.

No upgrades since last time (except the TT pedals which I didn't take a picture of).

Enjoy, or hate - whatever - I don't care.

24040501.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

9fe44f9e.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Go big here

24040503.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

6053f947.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Edited to fix spelling mistake