My Car's Poorly!!!

lupogtiboy

took my car into work for a 40k service (on 34k now, but keeping with whats in the service book), tech went to do the spark plugs, and found that on cyl 2 and 3, the holes are full of oil! i'm lucky i decided to have this service this week, as my car runs out of warranty tommorrow! so i've now got a new cylinder head cover on order, and having new cambelts/tensiners going on hopefully tommorrow! anyone else had problems like this?

Isn't that the same problem some of the 1.4 people are having? Remember hearing it somewhere and thats the reason some engines are using oil?

The new engine i have (28000 miles) had 2+3 full of oil! Its the cemiseal is *****!

Can i have your old cam carrier? as my one has a lug damaged on it??????? Ill pay you postage! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Mine seems to be ok, Mot due in two weeks! ill see whats what then.wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> Atleast your getting it sorted mate.

Edited by dubweiser2005

The new engine i have (28000 miles) had 2+3 full of oil! Its the cemiseal is *****!

Can i have your old cam carrier? as my one has a lug damaged on it??????? Ill pay you postage! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

if it doesn't go back to vw and i get it, then no worries mate!!!

its coming in where the rocker cover should be sealed to the cylinder head. theres a gap between the 2 where there should be a sealant, and its leaking in there. have been told it could be a fire hazard! we had an r32 at work that had been doing the same thing, and that caught fire! so i got myself a lovely 1.2 polo (always a 1.2 polo!) loan car from work!

not really no! i check my oil about 2-3 times every 2 weeks or so, but i've only ever topped her up once!!!

well, i'm lupo-less this weekend, as we had to order in some seals and bolts that we didn't have in stock, so i should have her back on monday! on the plus side tho, i will have a red cam cover!!!

Glad it's getting sorted, especially if it could have caught fire. The advantage of being the inside man at VW. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Glad it's getting sorted, especially if it could have caught fire. The advantage of being the inside man at VW. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

also, i'm pleased that my loan car for the weekend isn't a 1.2 polo, but a 1.4 mk5 golf! not gonna win any awards for acceleration, but is very comfortable and a million times better than the polo!!! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

sorry there a bit crappy, but heres a few pics of work in progress!!

this is what the camshaft actuactor looks like

variablecamshaftact.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

this is the cylinder head

myrockerandcams.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

the old cam cover with the cams fitted still

mycamcover.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

this is one of the spark plug holes full of oil

fullofiol.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

the new red camcarrier/rocker cover!

newredtop.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Edited by lupogtiboy

according to etka, all avy lupos are supposed to have the red top! i asked the warranty guy about this, and he said order it! so i did! so i may be the only lupo gti with the red top! hehehe!!

hopefully, i'll get her back on monday, but its quite an involved job that no-one at work has done before, but the tech thats doing it is really on the ball, so i have total faith in him!

Still no car! hopefully tomo now!!! waiting for a seal to come in! never realised how much i'd miss her!

hopefully, i'll get her back on monday, but its quite an involved job that no-one at work has done before, but the tech thats doing it is really on the ball, so i have total faith in him!

Im doing this at the moment, and yes it is involved, even more so when you havent got the VW tools to do the job!

Any news on your old cam carrier?

gonna be a while til i find out mate! gotta sit out the back for a month in case warranty want it back! i'll ask the guy at our place if i can have it if vw don't wanna see it!

She's finished! get her back today! yay!!! missed her so much! will post some pics up later of the new red cam cover!