VW just told me a good joke

one litre wonder ;)

Strikes me as being quite cheap considering they wanted over £20 for four bolts from Adam the other day & over £200 for a new headlight bulb from me... rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

its like wtf! prob be the same for the gearbox and loom , so that would work at about 7k once the VAT is added , now a GTi was 13k new , so there trying to say it only cost 5k for everything else to build the car + there proffit margine confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Truth of the matter is, if you were to buy the lupo gti parts from the smallest bolt to the shell, it would cost well above the dealer price to buy the complete car and thats before the labour, usually always is the case, for eg. leather option on a lupo gti is about £1000, but if you wanna buy it its well above £2k.

Taz

Remember that if you're buying these parts as parts then they will make a profit on each one rather than on the whole car as it is from new. Just find a low milage written off GTI and get it from that!

Many years ago when I had my mini I went to a Rover dealer to enquire how much an MG Metro turbo complete engine set up was. The dealer checked the computer and replied £1200. I decided I would buy one as that is much cheaper than any aftermarket place.

Turned out the £1200 was just the turbo itself wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

I went and had a full race engine built instead.

i only went to the dealers to get an idea of what a new engine would cost , just didnt expect to see a number that big

just get a damaged polo gti

and when i do you shall be getting a PM mitch wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

oh while i remember , MarkyMarks old red lupo GTi with the full leather was there , think its for sale . not surprising cause the friggin engine blew up and destroyed alot of stuff and it was a bad repair by VW so mark traded it in laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

WHy are you pricing up a GTi engine anyway?

Go with Snoops suggestion and get a TSi or buy a 2nd hand 1.8T

1.8T , they cost a fortune and i dont have that sort of ££££

But by your own admission a GTi engine is also expensive. My advice is just buy the specific car and you get the engine included, its a good deal. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I must say, an as new engine, in the price you quoted, even without VAT, seems like a fair deal to me.

Edited by AndyW