OK need a little help with my battery :)

Trying to attempt to disconect my battery and i have failed... SP_A0471.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

And also my next problem is...i have to connect two wires to the battery, one to the positive (+) and one to the negative (-) terminal....but i cant see where they are are and were id connect them SP_A0469.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

And another

SP_A0470.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

I have seen other Arosa Batterys and they have two simple ovbious connectins + and - what the hells up with mine glare.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":glare:" border="0" alt="glare.gif" />

See that large black connection in the middle pic you posted?

disconnect that one.

Thats your earth cable

So i need to attach my negative connection to where the black wire is and the postive to the red?

Both the wires are connected via a strip of metal :s if the red is the positive feed and black negative arnt they supposed to be seperate?

There is a - sign next to the black thing in the right hand corner in picture 2 which u cant see...

Edited by Cozboz

No.

Use that earth cable to disconect the battery.

Touch the cable to the bodywork to release any stored charge in the cables.

What are you connecting to the battery?

Yer i am oh.. erm a negative and postive wire from relay that is for my fog lights

Heres what OLW battery terminals look like and i intend to do the same... but as you can see mine looks TOTALY different DSCN5465.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Edited by Cozboz

I have a pic at home on how you should do it.

I will sort something out once I finish work.

You got that pic yet Tigz smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> ??

Ahk kool i dont mind waiting smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> you caould always send me the pic if ya wont my address is cozboz@hotmail.com tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I hate to sounds negative (here he goes, I hear you all say!), but if you're struggling with battery terminals, I have to question your ability to fit fog lights neatly.

Is this really a good idea? Can no-one help you?

I hate to sounds negative (here he goes, I hear you all say!), but if you're struggling with battery terminals, I have to question your ability to fit fog lights neatly.

Is this really a good idea? Can no-one help you?

glare.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":glare:" border="0" alt="glare.gif" /> ...right il have you know that ive done everything pretty much fINE so far thank you very much..

Im new to cars (well like the inside of them an that) and have only had my first one for just over two weeks and have done all the wiring and everthing is still in working order! (i.e Radio) as had to cut up a few wires! angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />. The final bit is connecting everything to the battery and seeing as my one is different from the only arosa battery that i have seen, im having a little difficulty as i dont want to feck it up as my dad would kill me ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> ...so i would rather ask on here to reasure myself in what i am doing... and well if you dont think it looks neat....come see it for yourself!

I wasn't having a go, just raising a concern.

It's good to see people having a go, and good to see you asking questions. I'd rather see you learning and making a few mistakes along the way than paying someone else to do the work for you, especially when it's fairly simple stuff. I just didn't want to see you making a costly mistake (cheap/free ones are the better ones to make!)

I just didn't want to see you making a costly mistake (cheap/free ones are the better ones to make!)

Give me N... Give me an I... Give me a K... give me an E...

...and what have you got...

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

roflmao.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflmao:" border="0" alt="roflmao.gif" />

Give me N... Give me an I... Give me a K... give me an E...

...and what have you got...

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

roflmao.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflmao:" border="0" alt="roflmao.gif" />

Smack in the mouth??

Smack in the mouth??

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!

doh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":doh:" border="0" alt="doh.gif" />

Save you the travelling!

Mods... can we have smack in the mouth Smiley?

S!

Edited by Silver!

The reason your battery is different is because you still have the origional battery on the car from when it was first bought.

As Tigz said. Remove the large black wire on the battery (earth) which is closest to the front of the car.

The other box with the live wire in has 2 more terminals. You should be able to use one of those to connect the live wire up for your fog lights.

@OLW. From the looks of you battery. The 2 cables that connect to the live feed off the battery have been cut and terminals crimped onto them. This would say that your battery or power leads could have been replaced at some point.

Have you had your car from new ?

I've worked on the Arosa that Cozboz bought when Pete (Csi_Bha) owned it and the battery is exactly the same as the genuine battery my Lupo had fitted from VW.

Most new cars have a manufacturers own battery fitted.

Another thing that stands out that your Arosa has had a replacement battery is that VW, Seat etc either fit their own branded battery or Bosh batteries.

The manufacturer on your battery is Tudor which is made in the UK and are an aftermarket item. Retail on them is around £30.

Easiest way to fit fogs (and this is coming from an auto electrician):

- Run a power wire from your dash fog switch to the ignition. Then another from the switch to the relay.

- Run an earth from the relay connectors and loop it to where the relay bolts to the cars metalwork. This creates the earth.

- Run another wire to the live terminal on the battery. Make sure theres a fuse on the wire.

- Run another power wire from the relay to the fog light.

- Run a wire from the fog light to the cars body to create an earth.

Also make sure that the relay terminals are facing downwards and note each terminal is numbered. The relay (on a modern type black plastic one) should have 4 terminals. Each numbered: 30 (Battery power), 87 (Power to fogs), 86 (Earth), 85 (Power from the dash switch to the relay)

Hope this is useful to you biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Edited by Rookwise

roflmao.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflmao:" border="0" alt="roflmao.gif" /> roflmao.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflmao:" border="0" alt="roflmao.gif" /> roflmao.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflmao:" border="0" alt="roflmao.gif" /> @ this thread.

Its one of those "which end of the hammer..." threads, if you cant even get the battery off you've got to worry about his/her safety (sorry Cozboz dont know if your a man or woman).

Ah right. I get you biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Oh and Cozboz is male (17yrs old if I remember right)

Yer ...its very funny glare.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":glare:" border="0" alt="glare.gif" /> ...(weres a smiley which put two fingers up when you need it aye?) and considering i had NEVER looked at a car battery in my life i was just asking for some CONFIRMATION! ! !.......****sake! somee people on here REALLY DO PEE me off! (Give me a break) ...i forgot to say ive sorted out where everthing went a couple of days ago and now have the illumination switch working just fine...just awaiting the appertures to arrive and then can hook the lights up biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> cheers for the help though Rook smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> really appreciated biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> cheers.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":cheers:" border="0" alt="cheers.gif" /> and yes i am 17 laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Edited by Cozboz