Mrs's away time to play!

NBR

The Mrs's is going away on wednesday... so i want to get a few things done to the Lupo GTi while its not needed.

1st Thing: Anthracite alloys, i've found someone to do the in a dark silver/anthracite colouring to my bathurst's. What do i do about the center caps? I don't want them to be silver? Anyone know who can do the caps? Or is it a case of a spray can jobbie?

2nd thing: Black VW badges, i've searched the forum about them. But how do you get the rear one off? Loads of info about making them black, but not about removing the back Circle vw badge. How do you do it?

Cheers for your help

Neil

Edited by NBR

The back badge just get your fingers under the rubber and pull. DON'T attack it with a screwdriver it is just glued on and will come off.

Edited by hanley

The refurb company should be able to colour code the caps to match.

Also Hanleys right about the badges, and if you want factory black badges theres the part numbers somewhere. Iirc they should cost approx £5 each.

At least thats how much Superlupos ones were when I made him get them!

I've just been quoted £211 to colour the alloys. Inc the center caps. Is this a good price or not?

Cheers

Neil

Edited by NBR

lol. no that isn't a good price.

i know where u can get them done for £100.

http://www.wheelrefurbishing.com/pricelist.htm

the great thing is, they are 5 mins from my house biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Edited by Adam K

or do it yourself?

did the Borbet's on my old car myself, and they came up well smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

spray primer, colour, and laquer, and some G3 and some elbow grease smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

or do it yourself?

did the Borbet's on my old car myself, and they came up well smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

spray primer, colour, and laquer, and some G3 and some elbow grease smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

depends if the wheels are a fairly flat design or if they have bolts or a complicated design.

also if the wheel is damaged and needs a refurb then i don't think it's easy to do yourself.

the refurb company would sand/shot blast the wheel first, and it would come up much better than a home job.

Sorry that would include refurbing the wheels too.

yes, £24.50 and that company will completely refurb the wheel.

where do u live? and do u have a spare set of wheels to use while yours are away for refurb?

Adam k: just had a look at the link you posted. They charge £199 if they have to remove the wheels and tyres etc and refit them. So its about the same once you take that into account.

Adam k: just had a look at the link you posted. They charge £199 if they have to remove the wheels and tyres etc and refit them. So its about the same once you take that into account.

why would u want to pay somebody £100 to take your wheels off your car and tyres off the wheels?

if you had a spare set of wheels then u could lob them on your car, then just go to a garage on a saturday and pay somebody £20 cash just to take your tyres off you rims.

then u can take them to the place and get them refurbed for £100.

Edited by Adam K

I have'nt got a spare set of wheels. So leaving the car on stands is not an option. I'm also working saturdays. So your £100 + £40 for taking the tyres on and off + £20 petrol to get there. =£160 plus a day of mucking about doing sod all.

£210 "There you go sir phone me when its all done and ready to collect" sound like a hell of alot better value.

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

We did that with Jens old car. Droped the car off at the garage in the morning. They took off the wheels, removed the tyres, refurbed wheels, refitted the tyres and mounted them back on the car. think they charged 60quid for that extra service. Its just the hassle thing.

Its easier to drop you car off and get all the work done by them than take wheels off, somehow get them to a garage to take the tyres off, then get them to the refurb shop, then reversing the process to get the wheels back on the car.

Just got it back from having the wheels done. What do you think?

DSC00222.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

DSC00223.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

P.s pic's are off my phone. And the wheels need to "harden" before i can clean the car.

Neil

Edited by NBR

Cery nice, good colour choice, all too often I see too dark a colour.

Hope the missus is pleased wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Cheers Tigz

Don't think she will... But she can't do anything about it now. ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Cheers Tigz

Don't think she will... But she can't do anything about it now. ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Do ya reckon your missus will even notice? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

just tell her theyre a bit dirty so looking alot darker smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I was going to go the same colour mate, ended up going for satin black, paid 120 for the set but they are also respraying my car.

They have had her for three days now, should get her back tonight fingers crossed!!

Wheel liik really nice, hope mine look good other wise im going to be gutted

Do ya reckon your missus will even notice? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

just tell her theyre a bit dirty so looking alot darker smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

You were spot on! I only showed her the picture as it was dark when she got back... I got a blank look and "were they silver?." Lets see what she says when she sees them in the flesh.

Angelo: Had you car back yet?