06 Lupo GTI

Petrified

Spoke to a salesman at cardiff volkswagen today who thinks there may be an unregistered black lupo gti coming up in the dealer auctions soon. if anyone is interested you may want to contact your local vw dealership to have a look at it. not sure how much it will cost but there cant be many of them around now surely??

Must be a pre-reg one thats been sitting at the back of a depot somewhere. Seems odd, I was under the impression that someone had inquired with a dealer last year and the last few were in the system and waiting for owners (which I presume they got).

Who do you deal with at Cardiff out of interest? Got mine from there. Have they got any nice used Mk5 GTi's in? They had a Grey and Red one when I went to visit some friends down there in September.

gtifamily.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Must be a pre-reg one thats been sitting at the back of a depot somewhere. Seems odd, I was under the impression that someone had inquired with a dealer last year and the last few were in the system and waiting for owners (which I presume they got).

When I bought mine in September they had two black ones and one blue on the system, all three unregistered. They were the last 3 VW UK were expected to get and the reason why I was limited on the choice of available spec.

Edited to say did it have AC?

Edited by Al Wilson

I wonder what spec it will be. Spose its to much to ask to have leather. If it does I would be interested in it as my fiat is about at the age and mileage to start breaking up into little pieces sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

might email the dealer

hmmm interesting.

I've emailled my local dealer and will await a response. hae asked if they know of any left in the system, or if they would be able to have a hunt round.

we'll see

hmmm interesting.

I've emailled my local dealer and will await a response. hae asked if they know of any left in the system, or if they would be able to have a hunt round.

we'll see

If it's anything like Abridge they'll get back to you when they've done EVERYTHING else. lol. Best bet is probably to ring VW UK direct. Dealers are franchises and probably not worth their effect transporting, if there is, a car between branches. Head office will give you a straighter answer.

Good luck!

from there. Have they got any nice used Mk5 GTi's in? They had a Grey and Red one when I went to visit some friends down there in September.

I'm not sure of the guy I spoke to, I've seen him there before but didn't get a name. I usually speak to Dean or Mike. Not really sure what spec tho.

They do have a few mk5 GTI's around. I got mine from there new around June time they had a grey Lupo GTI in the showroom at the time. gti002.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

How much is that Golf in the picture? was kinda spec is it, standard?

A little over 20k standard plus xennons, sunroof, armrest, highline computer and some other things I cant remember. remapped by JBS (Custom Code) and full Turbo back Miltek racing exhaust running around 260bhp and 305 ft/lb stripped out rear to weigh around 1215kg's (same as a civic type-r) and capable of mid to high 13s on the 1/4 mile. Having to be sold to buy a house though ermm.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ermm:" border="0" alt="ermm.gif" /> thumbdown.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbdown:" border="0" alt="thumbdown.gif" />

Edited by Petrified

Speak to VW UK they will tell you where the car is located, and then you can order the car directly with what ever dealer.

It generally does not cost dlrs anything to transport cars back and forth. Its not about effort, its about the dealer that has the car letting the car go.

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Speak to VW UK they will tell you where the car is located, and then you can order the car directly with what ever dealer.

It generally does not cost dlrs anything to transport cars back and forth. Its not about effort, its about the dealer that has the car letting the car go.

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

When the transport of mine was arranged it incurred a trailer fee. Agreed it's whether they want to let the car go, but certainly at Abridge it's the effort. A salesman there won't bother calling up about transfering a car when he can spend less time following up three possible new customers who wandered into the branch that day about Toureg's.

i phoned them today, was on hold an hour!, and he said nope no gtis.

but theres is 4 e's and and s!

If I get time to go again this week i will ask.

They did say at auction ,so maybe they are not on the stock list??

James.

I'm not sure of the guy I spoke to, I've seen him there before but didn't get a name. I usually speak to Dean or Mike. Not really sure what spec tho.

They do have a few mk5 GTI's around. I got mine from there new around June time they had a grey Lupo GTI in the showroom at the time. shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

If your looking for a 2nd hand golf gti then check with Sinclair in bridgend/port talbot/swansea. they have one or two between them and will probably be cheaper than cardiff. although I usually find I get the best deals in the midlands for some reason.

I think the guy I got mine through was Dean, young chap (I say young, about 24/25), ginger-ish hair?

Dealer in P.Talbot always seemed pretty good, but I'd be tempted to go to Cardiff again due to the rubbishness of dealers in the Midlands where I will probably get a Mk5 GTi from when I can afford it. That plans out the window though for the time being now though since I'm going to be wrapped up in Uni again for another few years.

Edited by AndyW

That plans out the window though for the time being now though since I'm going to be wrapped up in Uni again for another few years.

What are you going back to study Andy?

Teaching and stuff is the most accurate answer at the moment, truth is I am still making up my mind. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Continuing what you are doing then? That sounds good. Any thoughts about where you want to study? I can recommend places to avoid lol smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />