Arosa Alloys Wheels

ritdaw

Hi,

I am not aware of a mk2 Arosa SE so yours must be a mk1 then, If it should of had alloys from the start they will be have been 14" rims and if they were steelies then they could be either 13" or 14"

Hi,

I am not aware of a mk2 Arosa SE so yours must be a mk1 then, If it should of had alloys from the start they will be have been 14" rims and if they were steelies then they could be either 13" or 14"

Yep its an MK1, I think the dealer changed them to try and attract younger buyers....

Do you know if a set can be picked up relatively cheaply?

Edited by ritdaw

Im not totally sure what style they would have been, but the mk1 sport came with the same wheels as my mk2 S so it may have been them, there was a set on ebay last week for just over £130.

Quite a rare find an SE i think, does that have air con?

Im not totally sure what style they would have been, but the mk1 sport came with the same wheels as my mk2 S so it may have been them, there was a set on ebay last week for just over £130.

Quite a rare find an SE i think, does that have air con?

Nope, the I was abit dubious about it actually being an SE as it doesnt seem to have anything special other than electric windows, not to mention the lack of power steering. It did however come from a reputable SEAT garage.

Hence why I'm asking, the steering is incredibly heavy with 16'' alloys.

Hmm thats news to me, i thought every arosa came with power steering or at lest the majority, and with it being an "SE" you would think it would be a highly speced one.

Does it say on the log book that it is an SE?

There is an SE on autotrader at the moment but that has everything power steering and air con but no alloy wheels only wheel trims, thats why i asked if it had air con.

What year is the car?

Edited by cardaft

Hmm thats news to me, i thought every arosa came with power steering or at lest the majority, and with it being an "SE" you would think it would be a highly speced one.

Does it say on the log book that it is an SE?

There is an SE on autotrader at the moment but that has everything power steering and air con, thats why i asked it it had that.

What year is the car?

Yeh it does have it on the log book, I'm not too bothered as I didn't pay through the nose for the fact it was badged an SE.

The power steering was news to me as well, I thought they all came with it (could have been taken out I suppose).

Its 2000 W reg.

hmm seems a very late car not to have power steering if it was an earlier car then i could understand, could it be possible for it just not to be working, although then it would probably be very heavy so i guess not.

Well if it says on the log book then it must be an SE, does it have anything else, such as leather steering wheel or sun roof, or just electric windows.

Edited by cardaft

If you can not see a resivoir for the power steering pump then it sounds like you dont have power steering, There should be two resivoirs one for the brakes and one for the steering, carnt remember which colour is which now though.

When look for my car in my sig i test drove many cars one of which was a mk1 99 V reg silver arosa 1.4 SE (same style badge as used on the lupo's) and it DEFINATELY had power steering i parked it twice and it is instantly noticeable on these cars that it has it so im imagineing there is something wrong there with yours which needs investigating one way to tell is to look for the extra drive belt needed for the power steering pump?

16" oZ's? have you got any pics of the car with them on? if you cant host them pm me and ill host them for you, what width tyres etc are on them i ask as make of tyre and mainly width can also make steering unnecesarily heavy such as 215 tyres on the 17's i tryed on mine made mine considerably different

also what is the name of this seat garage?

wayne

Edited by The subtle modder

When look for my car in my sig i test drove many cars one of which was a mk1 99 V reg silver arosa 1.4 SE (same style badge as used on the lupo's) and it DEFINATELY had power steering i parked it twice and it is instantly noticeable on these cars that it has it so im imagineing there is something wrong there with yours which needs investigating one way to tell is to look for the extra drive belt needed for the power steering pump?

16" oZ's? have you got any pics of the car with them on? if you cant host them pm me and ill host them for you, what width tyres etc are on them i ask as make of tyre and mainly width can also make steering unnecesarily heavy such as 215 tyres on the 17's i tryed on mine made mine considerably different

also what is the name of this seat garage?

wayne

I'm certainly sure it should have power steering, however the garage did tell me that it didn't before I bought it, so it wasn't as if they were trying to hide something.

The garage is Carshop in Yeovil, Somerset. I have a 12month warranty on it as well, so if it does have broken power steering it wont be a problem getting it fixed....

arosa.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

tyre.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Sorry about the pic quality, its cold and frozen outside hence the poor pics! You should be able to see the tyre size in the pic. Oh and the wheels are filthy, not scratched, just I do 100 mile a day and there is a lot of salt on the roads at the moment!

Edited by ritdaw

looks cold where you are lol, mellow.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":mellow:" border="0" alt="mellow.gif" />

It looks like you have the new stlye steering wheel aswel, seems very odd that you have elctric windows and no power steering blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Maybe you do have it and its broken, how many turns from lock to lock does it have? often when cars dont have power steering they have more turns from lock to lock to make it a bit lighter.

Does it have central locking?

The tyres would make a difference to the steering also, even different make of tyres, like the Kumho's on the front of mine make the steering more weighty than the dunlops that were on. But it shouldnt be to the extent where it seems you dont have power steering, obviously if you do have it its not working.

if you dont have power steering try putting a little more air in the tyres than normal as this will make it easier at parking speed, only not too much though maybe up to 5 psi over reccomended pressure.

And keep your eye on ebay for some seat wheels, there is sometimes some arosa ones on.

Edited by cardaft

Hello and welcome to the club.

All Arosas and lupos had PS as standard so Id guess your pumps gone.

Regarding the "SE" bit, theres something amiss there as you dont even have CC'd mirrors. (could you take a pic of the inside?).

Finally your running 15" alloys not 16" as your tyres say 195/50/R15 (R15 refers to the size of the alloy).

Edited by Adam-B

Hello and welcome to the club.

All Arosas and lupos had PS as standard so Id guess your pumps gone.

Regarding the "SE" bit, theres something amiss there as you dont even have CC'd mirrors. (could you take a pic of the inside?).

Finally your running 15" alloys not 16" as your tyres say 195/50/R15 (R15 refers to the size of the alloy).

Yeah i think all arosa's do have PAS aswell but gurl racer's last lupo didnt have power steering i dont think, but thats a lupo anyway.

I have just been looking on autotrader and there is a black Arosa 1.4 MPi 'SE' it says its got electric windows and remote central locking but it does not mention PAS however it does have Colour keyed mirrors.

There is also a yellow se with PAS so it would seem that you should have it its just not working.

But every other arosa seems to have power steering

Edited by cardaft

Power steering wasn't standard on the Lupo untill 2000 (at least on non-GTI's). One way to check if your power steering is working is to pull down on the steering wheel while the engine is turned off then switch on the engine and the wheel should jump if the PAS is working. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Power steering wasn't standard on the Lupo untill 2000 (at least on non-GTI's). One way to check if your power steering is working is to pull down on the steering wheel while the engine is turned off then switch on the engine and the wheel should jump if the PAS is working. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Right, it does have remote central locking.

I remember seeing a post a while back with a pic of the resevoir, and I don't recall seing that under my bonnet, there certainly isnt any other resevoirs to fill up other than brake fluid, washer fluid and water.

Is it possible it could have been taken out because it wasn't working to save the owner some money?

Oh and thanks for correcting me on the alloy size, I only roughly estimated.

Any idea what model OZ wheels they are, and how much they might fetch if I was to sell?

your right cardaft my first t reg loop didnt have PS! well remembered!

nice colour arosa btw wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Jen x

That seems really odd, as even my sisters old R reg 1.0 Arosa E had PAS.

Why would Arosas have PAS and not Lupos?

Heres some more pics:

enginebay1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

enginebay2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

enginebay3.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

interior1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

interior2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

interior3.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Hmm that place is where the power steering resivouir has been, and it has definately been there otherwise it wouldnt even have the braket. It has been removed i would think, maybe because of a fault.

If i was you i would look to find any arosa's (mk1's preferably so that everything is the same) being broken in a scrap yard or on the net and get a second hand one. Should be relitively easy to fit or cheap to do if you get someone else to fit it, It will also increase the resale value of the car when you come to sell as it being the only arosa without PAS then this might affect the sale. and it will aslo make it drive alot better obviously as it must be very heavy with a 1.4 engine in it.

By the way nice looking mk 1 you have there, i like it, any more day time photo's of the exterior?

Chris

Edited by cardaft

erm just noticed, why does your car have lupo style (not sure about mk2's) headrests? wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> and also yeah my mates and my engine bays dont have big holes there, must be the PAS! I can get a pic of the engine bay if you want? (i have a mk1 1.4 too)