Stealers

Pozza

When my wheels were nicked the other week, VW took my car in for a few days as im part of the breakdown thing they give you when you buy a car from them, they kept it until I got some new wheels and when i got um i took um down to be fitted, they did so and i drove home happy.

Had to order some towing eye covers an all, so went down for them to be fitted, got um done and guy prints of the invoice, and informs me it was gonna be £75, bit expensive i thought so i looks over the invoice, and they'd only tried to charge me for putting my new wheels on, and how much they try and charge me i hear you ask..................... £43!!

£43 for putting 4 wheels on car!!! £43 for a 5 minute job max!! I couldn't help but laugh when i saw it, make no wonder nodoby buys anything from main dealers anymore!!

Anyways, i advised him that was a ridulous amount of money to pay, and that it should have been done for free as i was told it would be when i dropped the car off, and he eventually agreed after going to see about 1000 different people before it was finally decided that it should have been free

£43 though, i still cant believe that laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

When we get new tyres we go to Costco and get Mich' Energy's for £40 odd including fitting and balancing + some cool chrome valve caps and stem covers for all 4 tyres! They balance all 4 wheels if you buy a pair of tyres too. I think that's a good deal. They even cleaned my wheels when i took the Seat in!

Taken my proxes off my Bathursts and put onto my Ronals and then fitted onto the car and balanced.

£50 doesn't sound too bad. I paid £10 a wheel when they changed mmy tyres so you may have paid *slightly* over the odds. What are you doing with the bathursts then?

Rob

i work at a main ford dealer and we would usually swap some tyres for free if it was for an existing customer. if we havent seen the car before i cant imagine we would be charging £50 for a job which is going to be done by a first year apprentice, so no labour costs to the company. i would think £10-£20

shocking

I bought the car from them, and they knew it was coming in as they collected from outside my house. It was taken care off and they just said when you get your new wheels just bring them down and we will stick um on for you, then slyly try and your charge you for it!!

Who in there right mind would want to pay anyone to put a wheel on a car, its not exactly hard to do is it!!

Had my tyres swapped from my Bathursts to my Ronal's on Thursday and was charged £52 - is that good or bad then? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

PARDON? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

changing tyres they normaly do for freee, i sometimes give them a tenner