Just finished building a Burlington Baretta - passed mot today

Rookwise

Finally finished it yesterday and took it for mot. Passed with no faults.

Car was built from scratch including making up a full frame out of box section steel. main body is fiberglass, running gear is Triumph and engine is Vitesse.

Very fast car.

Baretta.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Edited by Rookwise

looks like there's plenty room in those rear arches for some wider wheels biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> vitesse rover v8? should be fun and sounds like a good job if you fabricated the chassis yourself.

Very nice. Was this a solo project, or have you got to share enjoyment of it with someone else?

Disc brakes front and drums rear. Engine is a 1968 2.0 Triumph Vitesse with overdrive.

There is only 1 origional Baretta known to have been made before the company burnt down in 1978 along with the car.

The origional owner had plans for a MK2 version of the car.

3 years ago my dad bought the origional plans for the car and this is the result based on them.

@Steve. This was built by both of us.

Looks very cool shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Although one comment is, why did you ever put those chrome M5 style mirrors on the loop if you actually have a cool taste in cars?? Sorry if that sounds mean but the mind boggles!!

Well, I really like it. Nice to see something original and classic.

I'm sure this has taught you and probably your dad loads about cars, which is never a bad thing.

Roll on the good weather so you can take it down some nice country lanes!

Chrome were the only ones I could find at the time and was too busy to spray em. Also were only a temporary thing until I'd repaired the origional Lupo mirrors.

Well, I really like it. Nice to see something original and classic.

I'm sure this has taught you and probably your dad loads about cars, which is never a bad thing.

Roll on the good weather so you can take it down some nice country lanes!

You should have seen the 8 Spitfires (MK2 - MK5 1500) and the MK3 GT6 we restored mate. Triumphs are one of my favourite classic cars. Really miss my Spitfire 1500. Sold it to another club member.

quite similar to a morgan, bit heavier with a metal chassis though. Any ideas on the power to weight, imagine it would be quite tricky with a sold beam axle at the rear? low speed fun though, lack of grip on those tyres could be exciting as long as you don't drive it like a lupo to start with biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Yeah. You get thrown about a lot and have to fight with the steering. Great fun though. Thinking of putting a smaller steering wheel on though cos its touching my legs too much.

Triumphs are one of my favourite classic cars. Really miss my Spitfire 1500. Sold it to another club member.

Always loved the Dolomite Sprint. A bloke at work has one. He says the biggest problem now is getting bits.

Nice car by the way. Full credit to you and your Dad.

Cheers.

For parts. Ask him if he's tried Totally Triumph near Warrington. They do all makes of Triumph. Sure I've seen a few Dolly's there.

Speak to Max. He'll sort you out.

Cheers.

For parts. Ask him if he's tried Totally Triumph near Warrington. They do all makes of Triumph. Sure I've seen a few Dolly's there.

Speak to Max. He'll sort you out.

He's a member of the UK Triumph club, but I'll mention it to him. He told me that a lot of people are buying knackered Dolomites to save the good bits for future use.

Cool! Those old vitesse engines are a good motor and it a car that light should fly biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

We used to have a triumph herrald a fair few years back, was a rare estate model, all i remember was the bonnet was cool because it was flip front and took the wings with it, hehe!

Lee.

Anyone can if they know what to buy. Ours is a MK2. Theres also plans out there somewhere for the MK1 Baretta.

If your interested. Have a look at the Burlington register site.

http://www.carcentric.com/BurlingtonCars.htm

The plans are available to anyone who wants to build one as a kit car. We scannned in the plans and restored a lot of them. Doc Nugent has been emailed a copy for the site from what I can remember. My dad has also posted pictures on the site while the car was being built (his is spittygt6 I think)

Edited by Rookwise

My dad has decided he's gonna sell it as he finds it hard to get in and out of the car sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

He's already gone and put it on Ebay.

Baretta Listing

The Baretta is now sold. The buyers were from Germany. They drove all the way here in a Jeep Cherokee (Getting on boats where needed tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> ) to pick the car up. Were well pleased with the Baretta.

Sale price reached £4000 in the end.

On to the next one methinks biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

The Baretta is now sold. The buyers were from Germany. They drove all the way here in a Jeep Cherokee (Getting on boats where needed tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> ) to pick the car up. Were well pleased with the Baretta.

Sale price reached £4000 in the end.

On to the next one methinks biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

That's the spirit mate. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />