Whats it Worth 02 GTI, very Low mileage ?

andy4976

Hi

I have only owned my GTI for 6 months but due to house move and job commitments I now need to get a bigger car, totally gutted, I think I will be going for a Bora 150bhp TDI, anyhow, was considering a trade in, but should get more for a private sale, details below.

Purchased May 2005 £9800.00 (Ron Hodgeson Cars)

2002 (02) Lupo GTI

16500 miles (FVSH)

Reflex Silver Met

Interior /exterior in excellent condition

6 disc CD changed in Boot connected to standard Rad/cass

Usual features

Factory Optional Extras

Full Leather interior with heated front seats

Air Con

Electric Sunroof

Taxed May 2005

Mot due April (will be putting 12 mths on car)

What should I expect to get for her, considering I paid £9800.00 for it 6 mths back?

Volkswagen Lupo

1.6 GTi 3d 2002/02

Average mileage: 30,000 miles

Cost New ('02) £ 12980

Purchase Price (www.parkers.co.uk)

Franchised Dealer £ 6585

Independent Dealer £ 6270

Private Good £ 5645

Private Poor £ 4600

Part Exchange £ 5070

I'd guess you could probably add a grand on for the additional equipment and low milage so you'd probably get £6K for a trade in and £7K for a private sale though it depends who is after a fully loaded one with low milage as there aren't many out there so you could try for £8K and see. There was a guy after a clean example for his wife on here last week, sounds like this might fit the bill.

Edited by Crusoe

Unbelievable when I paid £9800 six months back, I think I would be looking for over £8000, can’t justify loosing that much money, would just keep the car than loose so much on it

book prices are really low just now as not many people buy cars just after shelling out for christmas and new year. Does sound like you paid a far bit over book when you bought it though but it is fully loaded and probably in great condition.

always worth sticking it in the for sale sectoin with the price you are after and see if there are any people willing to pay extra for a good example now rather than waiting for another one to be advertised.

When I was looking for an early (cheap) example back in August Parkers seemed to be at least £500 under 'real-world' values - the margin or error may have been even more on newer cars.

Somone on here has access to Glasses and CAP values (used by the trade) which are much higher.

That said I think you paid top-whack for the car when you bought it, there are not many cars with your spec so I wouldn't be suprised if you got @ £8000 for it - if the car is nice and straight and you have confidence in it somone will want it and be prepared to spend that sort of money on it.

a car that keeps 50% of it's value after 4 years is almost unheard of in the class, no way a dealer would offer more than £7K.

Yeah, the would offer you £7k and then stick it on their forecourt for £9,495!!!

There is a 53 plate on autotrader at the moment with 16,000 miles, leather etc for £9,495 so £8,000 sounds reasonable in my opinion.

wouldn't surprise me though you'd be silly to pay it and could probably get a grand knocked off for haggling. Plus as it's out of warrenty they'd add a 12 month one which would be worth a couple of hundred quid plus AA membership etc. so they'd make a grand profit depending on how long it stayed on their forecourt.

as with everything it's worth what someone will pay, stick it in the for sale section for the minimum sencible offer you'd except and say the price is fixed and see if you get any interest.

Unbelievable when I paid £9800 six months back

I think you paid over the odds tbh.

Id say £7k would be the maximum.

Although Parkers is just a guide price, I cant see anyone would be willying to pay £8k for a car thats nearly four years old.

People do for Mini's - and they are more common and slower (except cooper 'S').

If you bought from VW then it would still have a 6 month approved-used warranty.

Low miles, Heated Leather, Aircon and Sunshine Roof says £7500 minimum to me.

That said it's a buyers market and if I was looking to buy I would squeeze you down as far as possible.

If you really do need to sell it - good luck!

at the end of the day mate, its only worth what someone will pay.

id think the absoloute maximum youd get would be £8500.

i payed £8200 6 months ago for a 53 with aircon, and a cd player with a relitavely high milage of 26k.....there were lower milage cars about but they werent the spec or colour i wanted.

although yours has all the extras, its silver....which although people will disagree seem to be a bit of a downside...theres more in this colour so they seem to fetch lower prices (only slightly).

Ouch, you really paid top whack. Personally, I'd just keep it, but they may not be possible for you.

That said, its a good spec, and it'll be worth whatever someone will pay. If you go private be prepared that buyers will beat you down, even though they are rare people still want a deal. If you trade it in, expect to be insulted, they will offer you ****** all!

Cars will only ever loose you money sadly.

ANDY4976. Dont go by book prices if your gonna sell private. Your a knob if you do (no offence).

These car cars are special. The gti is in what a call the buyers market. If peaple know what this car is and know how rare they are then theyll pay the cash. I know this as ive had the 106 rallye, fieste rs turbo and of course the lupo gti.

IVE JUST SOLD MY LUPO GTI 01PLATE WITH 40000 MILES (ONLY OPTIONS ARE CD AND SUNROOF).

£6500 smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by scotty g

no offence taken scottq g (lol) cheers for all your comments guys, I think I'll put it up at £8500.00, but won't take any less than £8000.00, should anyone be interested send me a PM

Don't suppose anyone has a Bora 1.9 TDI Sport (150bhp) they would like to part X ???

Good price mate. Check other prices on the net and just get it right. Mine is still on the net autotrader.co.uk until the balance has been payed (next week).

I put it on ther at around 2.30pm on tue 3rd jan. Got a call on wednesday by a women who wanted to look at it and she saw it saterday and payed deposit. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> .

Same as you. i only had car for 6month but getting house so needs must sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> . Payed £8500 for mine then from a stealler.

If you wanna chack my car out its from 6grand and ther are nine pics. it silver. But remember its sold.

BTW the fine young lady who looked at my car cam all the way over from cheshire to look at my car in essex. Thats luv for the loop surelly.

Edited by scotty g

BTW the fine young lady who looked at my car cam all the way over from cheshire to look at my car in essex. Thats luv for the loop surelly.

Lupo love, and good buying sense. I'm sick of hearig people who are on the look out for a car complaining that they can't find anything when they won't expand to areas more than a few miles from where they live.

Good luck selling it andy, for what its worth, I would pay around your price for a car with your options and low mileage I think. Condition is everything for me, so the fact that its a slightly older 02 plate is irrelevent imho.

Good luck selling it andy, for what its worth, I would pay around your price for a car with your options and low mileage I think. Condition is everything for me, so the fact that its a slightly older 02 plate is irrelevent imho.

My thoughts exactly biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Book Values do not Apply on Lupo Gti's! They are a "cult" Vehicle so there will probally be someone who will pay over the odds for the "right car."

If you want i can get you Glass's and CAP but it won't mean a thing.

I've just looked on autotrader and they have a 03 plate for £8700 from a trader.

I would probally say its worth about £8750... If you put it up at £8995 no-one would probally get past the title of your advert because it would look too expensive. Go in at £8750 and stick to your guns. If no-one rings at that price then it is up for too much.

The person who i bought mine off was getting alot of calls for his Lupo GTi... so there seems to be a high demand out there for the right car. e.g mine 51/01 with AC ,20k, FVWSH, Silver £6000 Booked at over £7000 retail. And i bought mine retail.

Silver being a down side??? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> Still the most popular colour being sold!

Unfortunately you paid top money for the car when you bought it... But you got a top car so don't worry!

Good luck with the sale!

Edited by NBR

Silver being a down side??? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> Still the most popular colour being sold!

well it is going to be the most popular colour being sold...if they sold more of them than any other colour to start with tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

more a potential downside.....when i was looking i didnt want a silver one and that was pretty much all there was.

good luck anyway mate.

right person on the right day will pay the proepr money biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

well it is going to be the most popular colour being sold...if they sold more of them than any other colour to start with tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Ermmm...I was talking about the current New car market in general not Lupo's. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Ah, didn't realise it was posted here too!!

Your car is only worth what someone will pay. By all means start it at £8500 (as you've done) and fingers crossed you'll get that, but you may have to be prepared to start lowering if it doesn't sell (depending on how desperate you are to get shot).

The second hand car market is a buyers market at the moment. Granted the Loop's rareness is an advantage, but I guess youll have to see.