Few things have been fixed for once

Basically the fuel useage on me arosa is appauling i drive it in a sensible manner sticking to the limits unless im in a country lane or dual carriageway sliproad which is rare

last night at Bp put 10.10 litres of fuel in which brought it to nearly half way between 1/2 and 1/4 which annoys me but after a spirited drive home through a nice twisty country lane rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> 4 miles it is now on the 1/4 marker, on my cinq when i pushed it, it used to come out of the overflow pipe please dont tell me these have the same thing? there is no leaks on the floor or tires but i do keep getting stains below the filler cap?

Garage say as usual with every problem "your imagineing it" but 70 miles to a tenner (bp 92.9) is a bit of a joke in my oppinion i used to get 80 in the cinq giving plenty of abuse

Also when i had that oil light come on i checked the oil and it was below full by about 2-3mm ye was full a few days previous so its basically using oil now its the petrol 1.4 not the diesel before anyone saids anything yet the engine drives perfectly alright except doesnt like being revved over 4500 revs even when been running for half an hour? surely this aint usual it doesnt go into red till 5500:huh:

thanks for any help people

wayne

Edited by The subtle modder

Well i get between 110-150 miles on £10 depending on my driving but mine is only a 1.0I so its not really comparable.

It shouldnt be using oil though, i would just put it into a seat dealers as the warenty should cover exessive oil consumption.

The waranty should cover any part within a limit yet its bee in for the following

Gearchange stiff going into third and fifth after they stopped it flicking back and forward

Brakes really poor considering the cars so new

Excessive petrol consumption

all i get is "your imagining it, just enjoy the car" service man is a patronising bathturd so its going in a different dealer on the 9th to see what they can do also the last dealer has chipped paint and underseal of the sills (lip width missing) when on their lift ramp yet the dealer at stoke its going to on 9th saids ive got to take it back to crewe for them to fix but i dont want them muppets messing with my car any more?

If somebody asked me to recomend a great car it would be an arosa or lupo as they look smart, great to drive (turned down a new corsa exclsive for this car), and i love it

If somebody asked me to recomend a good car with good aftersales and service in general it would be "anything that aint made by the VW company"

Thing is as my dad saids with fuel etc there is no real way of proving to them as they dont believe anything the customer saids and 'the customer is always right' is something they were never taught

wayne

Yeah it was the same for me when i was complaining of poor fuel consumption (around 35MPG average) and very slow acceleration (even slow dfor a 1.0I) because of a duff engine. They wouldnt believe me that i was getting such poor MPG, and would not admit that there was aproblem with the engine even though we started an identical Arosa up that was parked next to my car at the Seat garege which didnt have the same engine rocking probelm that mine had, they just said well thats how your car is!.

I dont understand why the garage says you have to take it back to Crew to get it fixed, as i have taken my car to two Seat garage and both have carried warenty work out.

Yes the serivce at VW/Seat is poor but the garage that I use now seems reliable now after the trouble i have had with the car they are getting there service sorted out and is now much improved. Have to say though there are worse garages for service one being Renault that seems even worse than VW/Seat.

its the 1.4 8v unit which ive been told by many aint that good which is why they used a 16v unit in the lupo? not sure how true though?

next time i fill up (tuesday at this rate) im going to drive as ecconomically as possible just to see what i get

And when i say it doesnt like going over 4500 revs i mean exactly that, it will do it but it doesnt like it, it starts to sound different, the exhaust and induction noise goes and you hear the engine if you know what i mean? really cant explain it really

engine moves slightly front to back but nothing really that noticeable at all took engine cover off today again (aibox) and the whole inlet seal for the throttle body is coated in thick black/brown goey oil , loads of itfrom the crankcase breather and the butterfly in the throttle bodie is all ditied up? should it be like this? surely the air filter should catch this?

any help appreciated people as most of the time you lot are more use than the service guys

wayne

well i had the 75bhp 1.416v lump but it had same probs as yours with the drink habit and rev's the timming was out right for your engine moving vw made the mounts out of butter i'm having to fit a new mount at the mo best bet would if you can is get under the car and look yourself as vw when i asked the to sort mine did the wrong one

have any of you ever been in the workshop when there working on your car?

i work in one myself and know every place has differen rules its just my dealer saids im not allowed in (even when they were beating my exhaust to get it off) yet when i go or mots they allow me in no problems?

Its defo got a drink habbit the guage has moved today just going around the block a few times surprised.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":surprised:" border="0" alt="surprised.gif" />

doubt timing could be out because its all electronically controlled by the ecu isnt it so theres no way of changing it if is out

wayne

I have heard the same thing about the 1.4 8V engine.

The Seat garage i use wont let me in the workshop either.

Sounds like you car has definatly got some kind of fault, carnt you compare your MPG with your mums Arosa 1.4S?

Edited by cardaft

when she first had hers it was doing crap fuel ecconomy then i was on the insurance for a couple of weeks to see what it was like and i showed her how to get the fuel ecconomy etc and learnt how to drive it to get that like not over 3500 revs etc now it returns 90-100

Mine is getting low doubt ill get 50 to a tenner this week which is shocking, have had 100 miles to a tenner on optimax last week though so i dont know whats up with it, its like its got a mind of its own and chooses what mood its in

wayne

I recommend a service at a decent dealer... (the trust volkswagen dealer in staffords pretty gud) coz mine had a drink problem and just didnt feel right in low gears till I got enuff money to give it its 40,000 mile service, came out like a different car, depends on the dealer tho I suppose and how much care they show it I suppose :S

What kind of usage is it (short or long runs) if the eninge doesnt get to running temp then it will use more fuel.

Have you tried giving uit a good run at 60-70 just to see how it does then.

I find my 1.0 does exeptionaly well on runs but i only get about 42MPG round town as it never reaches normal temperature.

well car has just covered 10200 miles now (8900 when i had it two months a go smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> ) and when i had it it supposedly had a full service and 101 point check which i have receipts for all off them and a copy of their internal invoice when i question it

Heres the odd part when i went the Club Gti meating at ragley hall it was a joke there and back 168 miles, it used £15 off fuel (although my mate expected that) it does less fuel economy up and down motorway as it does around town and that's sitting at 70mph

I use it to get there and back college twice a day 10 minutes a time and there and back work 15 minutes a time

car has got a third of 1/4 of a tank left and has done 38 miles on £10 so far, my brothers corsa does better fuel ecconomy.

wayne

Cinq was 899cc and even though ive now got a 1.4 under the bonnet biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> i still think the 899 cinqs are underestimated that thing used to sit at 6000 revs all the time and never broke once, wasnt too slow really and as i was saying when being totally thrashed fuel ecconomy was the same if not better than when driving this sensibleish

wiped the top of the throttle body but as i say its like the old oil gunk is going into the throttle body? as there was hardly any in the air box it was all on the throttle body seal?

going to fill up tomorrow and see what i can get to a tenner or maybe put a full tank in just to see what i can get as it was running well tonight but it gonna do about 60 miles to a tenner if a im lucky tomorrow so all in all pretty bad fuel ecconomy but goes well enough smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

wayne

EDIT: forgot to say one really odd thing about the car is when its cold its like its got a rev limiter dead low down as starting it up in the mornin and pulling out of junctions etc in traffic it wont let you rev past 3000 revs at all but its like soft cut style? assumed it was factory?

Carnt say ive noticed that on my 1.0.

Although i had a loan car Seat Leon TDI for a few days and it went wrong, the engine management light came on but that wouldnt rev over 3000rpm either and the turbo went off. Think it was something to do with a 'limp home mode' or something.

Dont think yours should be like that, is a bit of a safety concern really if you need to get out into fast traffic, dont think that would be factory.

You arnt really supposed to rev a car hard when its cold though as thats when the most wear happens.

Could be wrong im no mechanic or anything but my dad was so i know a bit blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

i know ur not supposed to rev a cold car hard and i never do its just the other day i was coming out the end of my road and then saw a slight gap so booted it and noticed it didnt really want to rev over 3000-in second so put into third and it went

that might be nothing though so ill leave that thought for the moment

anyway filled up on wednesday it did 62 miles on £10 off BP ultimate (remembered i put that stuff in when i filled up this time)but still poor fuel ecconomy anyway filled the tank up which came to £27 oddly so well see what i get this time?

one last thing i noticed the other day when driving through a 20 zone when going 15 -20 mph and changing though the gears 3rd goes in nice but when you making progress at 40 it doesnt want to go in first time? also the main problem with third is your coming along in fourth and slow down for a corner so you then want to change down yet as i say it doesnt want to go in first time?

wayne

That seems a bit strange, the gear are smooth and go in first time every time on my car, maybe another thing to get checked.

I would just put it into the seat garage and just get them to have a look at the gear box and to check why it should be using so much fuel, afterall that is why you have a warenty. They should believe you about the fuel economy though and get the gear box checked out to see why it dosnt go into gear everytime, might just be dry linkages.

Is the performance any different to your mums arosa?

thats another odd thing between the two hers doesnt mind revving, yet mine seems to be quicker? i know it sounds odd but there so alike but at the same time worlds apart like mine handles better yet is older so more worn suspension except when pushing hard when hers out handles mine as it has the michelins instead of the dunlops so grips better but has more body roll? confusing i know

anyway as i said its going in on wednesday and im gonna tell them to check everything as i think there takeing the piss but its a different garage so not going to be too heavy one thing that did p me off today was my uncle came down in his georgeous Skoda Octavia VRs 1.8T and i was on about my fuel econmy (hes well into mechanics builds race engines and cars and i trust him far more that my local garage) and he said there has defo got to be something wrong driving his octavia 'how its meant to be driven' he gets 85 -90 miles to £10 mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> so i must be going wrong somewhere as mine is no where near as quick no where near as heavy

wayne

hey get this the other night i was cruising along at 30 in fifth through a housing estate and i heard this knocking noise (really annoying) and thought "oh irecognise that noise" as its the problem my mum has JUST had fixed on hers, the rear shocker so that's another thing they need to check

wayne

Sounds like it must be a common problem then.

Dropping it off tonight and picking a courtesy car up, think its a warently job but they were not sure when i asked them.

Chris

Edited by cardaft

Just dropped the car off, got a Seat Altea 1.9TDi biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Cruise

Air con

Parking sensors

Class cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />