Another Polo GTi thread..

db

In reality i don't think that the check trim is that bad, i could certainly live with it. If a nice Raven blue colour became available and it was a reasonable price i'd think about it, but i have this feeling the price wont be to friendly. I've also just noticed it's a 5sp and not a 6.

Edited by Diamondblack

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good IMO smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Might have to go and have a look when they come into the dealers!

needs xenons to finish the front end off - and i'm not sure about the top of the grill just below the bonnet - agree about steering wheel and box too - at least they've made a gti this time - ripe for tweaking too i reckon - will be way too expensive to contemplate new though sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Why did they feel the need to put a disply in the middle of an other wise horny instrument panel to tell you the doors open?

Come on VW, why do you keep ruining things?

Whats with the silver bits on the dash?

Surely black would have looked better?

I like the spoiler, and the rear window.

Id be tempted by a set of those mirrors though.

I'd have that, even in red but would be very interested to see one in white.

The only things I don't like are the basic polo origins, that dash will still sound hollow and cheap when you tap it as with the door bins and switch gear. I love the checked seats in the Golf and would keep those in this but are the sides of the seats black leather or just cloth?

Exhausts don't bother me as they look like the Golfs and the wheel isn't that bad but not chunky enough I agree.

Agree with Tigz about the display between the dials though, OK it is multu function I'm guessing and will have the trip computer in it but wouldn't it have been cooler to have another temperature guage or a Turbo boost guage there instead and I am dissappointed that it is only 5speed.

The wheels (although mini versions of the Golf's) look too much like the wheels my parents had fitted to their last Polo, I think its just because it is on the Polo that emphisises this.

I'm definitely going along to look at this when it is launched though.

will be way too expensive to contemplate new though sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I have to agree.

Who's going to guess at a price?

I think it will be up for about £17k, bearing in mind the cost of the current top of the range Polo. Just rediculous money IMO.

the new fiat grand punto pic_design_gal_big_1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />

with the planned twin turbo 220bhp will probably cost less than the polo gti, know what i'd rather have based on the pictures anyway.

http://www.fiatpunto.it/

even if it is a bit next generation corsa underneath.

gets the full 5 star ncap so should be fairly solid, share a lot of GM electonics so that previous failing shouldn't be an issue. It should be a good car, don't know how exciting it will be to drive though but a twin turbo 1.6 with 220bhp sound sliek fun to me smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

and whats wrong with 3 cylinders?  smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nothing at all

As long as it says "Daihatsu" "Charade" and "GTTI" on the boot tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Nothing at all

As long as it says "Daihatsu" "Charade" and "GTTI" on the boot  tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

You could fake the Polo GTI with a 1.2 3 pot Polo in an afternoon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You could fake any hot hatch in an afternoon, since all the body panels just bolt on!

You could fake any hot hatch in an afternoon, since all the body panels just bolt on!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

couldnt fake a lupo GTI.

looks ok but agree with lots of comments so far. Seems a shame it doesnt feature the flat bottomed steering wheel and 6 Spd gearbox (and a nice GTI gearstick like the Golf). Silver thing on the dash looks tacky like its straight out of a corsa....rear lights look crap. the gap between bonnet and grill looks wierd and the black light surrounds just appear as though they have not been finnished (surely they will come painted gloss black?)

Appreciate comment of lupo originally costing £13.5k but that has a lot more unique features unseen in cars of its type. (Central exhaust, one off body & alu panels just for that model, Xenons included, 6sp gearbox etc.)