F**K*** CRAP!

Alfie

Is that right?  Never heard that one (though I'm not doubting you, just flabbergasted at the ludicrousness of it).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's on Pepipoo, which normally go more out of their way than most websites to verify the accuracy of their information.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's on Pepipoo, which normally go more out of their way than most websites to verify the accuracy of their information.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

snoop dont you have anything better to do than edit my quotes?

actualy, dont answer that one laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

According to UK Law, on motorways the only way they are legally allowed to catch you speeding is with a patrol car. Even if theirs cameras of any sort... Truvelo, Gatso, Specs, or even Portable laser the only time they are legally allowed to be used is if the speed limit is restricted, I.E. bad weather conditions, Roadworks etc.

However, they can use the laser guns from the tops of bridges at any limit, but if your doing what they believe to be excessive speed, they are supposed to send a patrol car after you to pull you over, However this doesnt always happen.

Edited by nfbr

I got caught with no insurance 5 years ago and got 6 pts. Those pts have cost me at least an extra 400-500 quid on my insurance every year. Does speeding pts effect insurance costs the same way?

Reason i brought the sdi, cost me 400 quid this year full comp with the 6pts mentioned. 5 years has past next month since conviction.

Ive learnt my lesson there 4 sure. blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

but has anyone been busted by 1 cop?

well i was stopped by a bike cop. Dont think he had a passenger. lol

also got stopped many years back by a bike cop on my rd250, he said i was doing over 60, i replied "not sure, the speedos fecked" oops

Edited by tuffers

3 pionts makes diddy squat to me and im only 18, but 6 pionts and they start bending you. they see that everyone 1 seems to have a sp30 these days

yeah ive got 3 points already (as mentioned above they come off next year) and theyve made no reall difference to quote at all.

I got caught with no insurance 5 years ago and got 6 pts. Those pts have cost me at least an extra 400-500 quid on my insurance every year. Does speeding pts effect insurance costs the same way?

speeding wont give you as much of a kick up the ass than no insurance and speeding only counts for 4 years not 8-10 (whatever it is these days)

According to UK Law, on motorways the only way they are legally allowed to catch you speeding is with a patrol car. Even if theirs cameras of any sort... Truvelo, Gatso, Specs, or even Portable laser the only time they are legally allowed to be used is if the speed limit is restricted, I.E. bad weather conditions, Roadworks etc.

well i hope this is true as it was M40 and the weather was fine no rain or anything!!! But it was a hand held in a car so may still count will have to speak to someone in the know (as mentioned before dads friend is a soliciter and practicing judge so shell know)

Again cheers for the advice and the support really need it at the mo!

Alfie twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" />

Edited by Alfie

I got caught with no insurance 5 years ago and got 6 pts.  Those pts have cost me at least an extra 400-500 quid on my insurance every year.  Does speeding pts effect insurance costs the same way?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No insurance hits you alot harder than speeding for one good reason - if you ran a company providing a service, and someone came to you for that service, having previously tried to avoid it (bare in mind this is a service you must by law have), you'd sting them. If there's one thing insurance companies hate, it's people who get caught for trying not to give their money to insurance companies!! Lol

People driving without insurance dont deserve to drive at all... they should have one leg amputated to prove this point.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you don't feel strongly on this issue then wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

FWIW I feel strongly about it too. Especially if one of the ****s hits you and gets some pathetic "50p per week" fine from the courts whilst you have to pay out of your own frigging insurance.

The police should be trying to catch them instead of "35 in a 30" speeders. Oh sorry, that'd be too hard and wouldn't generate enough revenue would it. Silly me.

But it was a hand held in a car so may still count

i'm shore there not aloud use them in car as the windsceen can feck the reading confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> i think

But it was a hand held in a car so may still count

i'm shore there not aloud use them in car as the windsceen can feck the reading  confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />  i think

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

guy was stood with the door open and gun in hand rested on the rooof

Alfie twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" />

I agree, no one should drive with no insurance. Ive been driving for 12 years and always had insurance. My car was in the garage and was gonna take 2 weeks. Needed a car to get to work, i would of bused it but it was a new development out of town, so i was inna fix. Someone offered me a cavalier for 50 quid, no mot no tax. Got me to work, paid the bills. Got pulled on the last day on my way home. A friend did me a favour and picked my car up from the garage, it was waiting for me at home. I made a mistake and paid for it.

Amputate my leg?? laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

my tuppence worth - i have 11 points and my insurance ain't that bad - but i'm older than most of you lot put together.

i got caught on the m56 a couple of years ago...doing 98mph. it was a sunday evening (father's day) 8.15pm - sunny, dry and clear. there were a couple of cars on the stretch where i was nicked - basically empty. i always look on bridges and never even saw the guy. first i knew was a couple of days later when the envelope with cheshire ****stabulary popped through the letterbox.

went to court (had to) and pleaded about conditions, the car, my job and money.

they gave me 5 pts and £250 fine with £30 costs.

i guess you just have to wait and see if something pops through the letterbox mate. 14 days or more and you are safe.

oh, and i got caught again 6 months later - but that i can't talk about without smashing my computer up.

after that i bought a road angel 2.......

at least im not not alone, i hope that ill be able to stand up in court (if i did get nicked) and plead for no ban but tbh ill probably be shtting myself-im a sesible boy i dont go to court LOL laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Cheers for the support really need it

I'm strongly against driving without insurance... but this guy has learnt his lesson I feel - go a little easy on him!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i dont do anything this bad and you dont go easy on me confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

i dont do anything this bad and you dont go easy on me confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When have I ever been hard on you Sheldon?

All I do is correct you sometimes... tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

When have I ever been hard on you Sheldon?

All I do is correct you sometimes...  tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sometimes?

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

alfie, whens ur GTI up for sale? or do i mean when ur incurance due for renewal? as im sure they be around same date, ur get at least 9 pionts mate so insureing a 1.0 c*rsa gona be a bitch let alone a GTI

Edited by Bikerz

I got pulled accelerating upto about 80mph on a dual carrageway by a dog van, he could only give me a warning as it took him ages to catch me up and he said he was by himself and his vehicle was not calibrated (didn't have a camera etc to prove speed in court). This was backed up by a freind who works closely with the police in his job.

Also the gun could have been for checking number plates, tax or something else, just have to watch out for the post!!!!

Come to think of it i also got warned by a unmarked car with 4 coppers in it, they were filming chavs doing burnouts etc and using a handycam to video the cars when they were pulled over and spot checked for dodgy tyres, exhausts etc. This copper also said as the car was not calibrated and the handycam didn't show the speed they could not use this as evidence! I overtook them at about 60 in a 40 zone not realising it was full of coppers!!!!

I got pulled accelerating upto about 80mph on a dual carrageway by a dog van, he could only give me a warning as it took him ages to catch me up and he said he was by himself and his vehicle was not calibrated (didn't have a camera etc to prove speed in court). This was backed up by a freind who works closely with the police in his job.

Also the gun could have been for checking number plates, tax or something else, just have to watch out for the post!!!!

Come to think of it i also got warned by a unmarked car with 4 coppers in it, they were filming chavs doing burnouts etc and using a handycam to video the cars when they were pulled over and spot checked for dodgy tyres, exhausts etc. This copper also said as the car was not calibrated and the handycam didn't show the speed they could not use this as evidence! I overtook them at about 60 in a 40 zone not realising it was full of coppers!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

why don't i get these breaks? i have to drive like a nun with a colostomy bag for the next 15 years!! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

its what you call the GTI effect, ive had no problems with speeding till i got the evil car !!! i was on my way back from scotland one day (AS you DO) and went under a bridge braking hard down from about 80mph, luckily nout happened with that.. should have learnt my lesson then really!!!!

Will have been a week (at 7:30) since the latest alleged incident and nothing yet so fingers crossed!

Edited by Alfie