Fitting towbar to lupo

stuartrose3

Hi, 

I'm wondering whether someone has fitted a towbar to a lupo? I want to be able to move my motorcycle from my house to a shop and back and thought the best and cheapest solution might be to just get myself a towbar. The only thing I can see on the internet is towbars for bicycles. Has anyone fitted one to a lupo and know where best to get one. My motorbike probably weighs around 160kg plus whatever the trailer will be. I have a 1.7 sdi. 

It's worth checking what the max. towing weight for the car is. I had a Honda Jazz previously which was rated at 450kgs, one bike on the trailer was fine but two would have been too much.

I'd also recommend getting a decent electrical kit, I got a cheap universal one and the contacts in the plug would bend and the lights etc would stop working.

I would imagine a diesel Lupo is a better tow car than a 1.3 petrol Jazz, mine still managed fine though.

I’ve fitted two over the years, both for a hefty box trailer and I also used to carry a ‘V’ shape push bike rack that opened out. All variants worked well

There are quite a few for sale (new old stock), that people are trying to clear. Bargains to be had me thinks! I might get a Lupo tow bar and bung it in the shed. I have way too many spares now...

Just to hijack this thread..😜…..

Totally agree @mk2 about bargains. Bought a pair of front std discs for £12  new delivered then saw same seller selling the next pair for £10 so those had to be bought too! Anything that I think is consumable and very cheap I try and buy these inc headlights!!