anti hijack feature

ArosaScott

Should my car have it activated 'as standard' or is this something that needs to turned on by VagCom.. Should it even have the feature at all im reading conflicting reports some say they have it some say they dont. 

The feature where the car auto locks when you go above 10mph, and unlocks all the doors once either the key is removed or you press the unlock doors button. 

I also read somewhere you can have it so your car windows do up when you get out and press the central locking button is this something i can program it to do or not possible. I have the Mk2 Arosa. 

On 7/26/2019 at 4:20 PM, ArosaScott said:

Should my car have it activated 'as standard' or is this something that needs to turned on by VagCom.. Should it even have the feature at all im reading conflicting reports some say they have it some say they dont. 

The feature where the car auto locks when you go above 10mph, and unlocks all the doors once either the key is removed or you press the unlock doors button. 

I also read somewhere you can have it so your car windows do up when you get out and press the central locking button is this something i can program it to do or not possible. I have the Mk2 Arosa. 

Anti-Hijack with the button on the door doesn't need coding in. Automatic anti-hijack does. Takes 5 mins to code in no problem.

Automatic window rolling up is not so easy and I very much doubt can be coded in. Some aftermarket kits have it included.

Thanks guys, yeah i have access to VAGCOM so will get it programed in for the auto lock, unlock on key removal, 

Yeah i was abit unsure about the windows going up once doors locked just thought it would be handy. 

It's great until you have a dodgy speed sensor. A mates Arosa locked him out one day whilst the engine was running. It was very funny when he rang me asking for help to decide which window to smash... I took him home for the spare key. I hate it and turned it off along with the single door unlock.

If you want the windows to go up, just turn the key and hold it. Works for the down on unlock too.

Edited by yeha
more..

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/29/2019 at 7:24 PM, yeha said:

It's great until you have a dodgy speed sensor. A mates Arosa locked him out one day whilst the engine was running. It was very funny when he rang me asking for help to decide which window to smash... I took him home for the spare key. I hate it and turned it off along with the single door unlock.

If you want the windows to go up, just turn the key and hold it. Works for the down on unlock too.

Not what the op asked though.

Its all good, it was more just to keep the GF safe when driving at night, so just incase she forgets to hit that lock all button on the door it would do it automatically. 

The windows thing was more for me the amount of times on nice days i get out the car and leave the window open, wish the windows would go up on the key fob button, rather than having to put the key in the door but does make it easier than going back into the car etc.