tdwindustries

Do we only have GTi numbers?

What about Sports and lesser models?

Must be a good few thousand of them?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice.... not many red GTi's about welcome to the club post some pics of her in readers rides when you get a chance! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> welcome to the club!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
in 2006 in germany existed only 1400 Lupo GTI ...

i´m interested in how many Lupo GTI produced at all...

Das interessiert mich auch. Ich bin in Deutschland viermal oder fünfmal gewesen, aber ich habe nur ein Gti gesehen (im letzten Monat in Berlin). Ich habe immer gedacht, dass man viele Gti in Deutschland finden würde - vielliecht nicht!! Es tut mir leid, dass über mein Deutsch, heute Abend bin ich zu lange in der Kneipe.

Das interessiert mich auch. Ich bin in Deutschland viermal oder fünfmal gewesen, aber ich habe nur ein Gti gesehen (im letzten Monat in Berlin). Ich habe immer gedacht, dass man viele Gti in Deutschland finden würde - vielliecht nicht!! Es tut mir leid, dass über mein Deutsch, heute Abend bin ich zu lange in der Kneipe.

That interested me. I am in Germany four or five times, but I have seen only a Gti (in the last month in Berlin). I have always thought that many Gti in Germany would find - vielliecht not! I am sorry that my German, tonight I am too long in the pub.

• 8 months later...

ALRITE GUYS.I HAVE A LUPO GTI WANTED TO KNOW HOW MANY WERE MADE AND WHAT NUMBER I HAD SO I EMAILED VW AND GOT THIS IN RESPONSE:

Good Morning,

Below are the sales figures for the 5years the Lupo was in production in the UK.

If you take your chassis number to your local Volkswagen retailer they will be able to tell you what number your vehicle was in production. I must stress that this is only the Lupo GTI sales for the UK, we do not have access to the Lupo GTI sales for other countries.

So in answer to your question there were more than 500 Lupo GTIs produced.

Make : VOLKSWAGEN

Model : LUPO

Trim level : GTI

Yr_00 : 3

Yr_01 : 378

Yr_02 : 284

Yr_03 : 168

Yr_04 : 126

Yr_05 : 67

TOTAL NUMBER PRODUCED : 1026

Hope this helps

Regards

Stephen McNeill

Volkswagen Enquiry Management

stephen.mcneill@volkswagen.co.uk

SO THERE YOU GO THATS HOW MANY THEY ARE! NOW ALL I HAVE TO DO IS FIND OUT HOW MANY ARE ACTUALLY LEFT NOW!

Good post mate! There is another post that i started where i wanted everybody to vote which colour GTI they had, least that way we could get a figure of how many are on the site. Give me 2 mins and i'll find it.

Here is the link to the poll i started: http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?sho...p;hl=production

Edited by Adam

Make : VOLKSWAGEN

Model : LUPO

Trim level : GTI

Yr_00 : 3

Yr_01 : 378

Yr_02 : 284

Yr_03 : 168

Yr_04 : 126

Yr_05 : 67

TOTAL NUMBER PRODUCED : 1026

Hope this helps

Regards

Stephen McNeill

Volkswagen Enquiry Management

stephen.mcneill@volkswagen.co.uk

SO THERE YOU GO THATS HOW MANY THEY ARE! NOW ALL I HAVE TO DO IS FIND OUT HOW MANY ARE ACTUALLY LEFT NOW!

First registered 11/1/05 so I'm in an exclusive club of 67! Not quite as exclusive as the Club 2000 though - I wonder how many out of the 3 are still going?

There was someone on here a while ago who worked for a company making tuning parts. He said they could use the DVLA system to check on numbers of cars registered on the road to see if it was worthwhile developing tuning parts for each car.

He said there were only 600 GTI's registered in the UK. If that's true then a hell of a lot of them have been written off!

look at your chassis number and you can see which number of production it was, after the W (indicates the factory, wolfsburg) you will see the production number 000030 for example will be the 30th of that year. the number before the W indicates which year so 3W000030 was made between august 2002 to august 2003. 4W would be august 2003 to august 2004.