Oh No Wont Go!!!

sharktech

Evenin all

I'm still at work as i've just got to the lights and tried to pull of and nothing, car in neutral makes the usual noises nothing to worry about but when I put it in gear and release the clutch I can hear low grinding noises, the higher the gear the higher the noise, even reverse doesn't work.

Do you think its a replacement box?

Currently waiting for the AA Man to turn up rang 7:30 just had text to confirm he's here by 8:30

Cheers in Advance

AA man turned up early (nice one) and drove me the 20mile trip home and to a garage round the corner, I showed him straight away and he said without me asking its the clutch.

Fingers crossed as a replacement box fitter is working out at 480

Cheers

I had the exact same symptoms with my lcr, pulled out the box and found the diff had decided it didn't want to live in its housing anymore and preferred the bell housing instead.

That doesnt sound like a clutch problem, if you can get a gear with the clutch down and you get different noises depending on what gear you are in when the clutch is up then it is at the least on the output shaft of the gearbox, final drive or as said a drive shaft.

I cant see a sudden failure without prior warning noises tbh.

I bought a 2nd hand box for 250, new release bearing, flywheel, clutch kit, oil, bolts etc. Whole lot cost about 600. Was a different car tho. O2M box.

And mine suddenly went with no prior issues at all, no rumbles, no whines, no issues with gear selection, just pop, graunch, graunch, graunch, graunch. It was heavily modified tho but still. 

Not a clue, took the box out and as I did the diff rolled out of the gap. Once out, the inside of the box was just obliterated, couldn't tell what failed as it was all crumbled up in there.

Clutch will need doing at some point so will get that done next mth, since I bought the car, ive been gradually replacing parts as its got most of the original ones from new on it still. its still got the he-man bar for dual controls in lol