Black TDI open air

Juice

_small.jpg

Here is a short introduction of me: http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=56194

So this is a from Germany imported well equiped and rare Volkswagen (here in Finland). This is how it looked when I bought it:

_small.jpg

It has an AC, comfortline interior (GTI seats with heating), power everything (windows, mirrors, ragtop, central locking with remote), pop-out windows, foglights... Allmost every extras, except leather, navigation and climatronic :P After paying the car tax to finnish goverment I started to do bit of modifications. From eBay.de I found set of BBS RM's and they were refurbished with 1,5" and 2" Radinox lips.

_small.jpg

They are wraped with 185/45R15 Nankang's :D After that car needed to get closer to the ground, a set of KW variant 1 coilovers was installed.

_small.jpg

Some small detailing has also done: removing rear wiper, installing OEM GTI Aero-wipers, cruise control, comfort blinkers, programmable wiper relay, Audi TT pedals, Cambridge/Windsor/GT-rearlights. And finally Blaupunkt MP68 New Jersey double-DIN headunit.

_small.jpg

Rest of the photos can be found here: http://www.juice.1g.fi/kuvat/Lupo

Edited by Juice

Very good mods there. Nice that it's a TDi :P

Just an idea... replacing the front indicators with some silver vision bulbs. That orange reflex doesn't fit the car.

Any DIY on the comfort blinkers? :)

very nice. good to see another Finnish lupo here. where abouts are you in Finland?

I havent seen anyone else from Finland here? I live in southwest Finland (near Turku). :confused:

Nice Lupo :)

and as jamie said thats one tidy looking headunit, how much did that set you back + was it hard to fit :D ?

Not bad at all to install, just add aerial amplifier and switch 2 wires. Cost little bit over 300e with delivery. I ordered it from caraudio24.de

Very good mods there. Nice that it's a TDi :P

Just an idea... replacing the front indicators with some silver vision bulbs. That orange reflex doesn't fit the car.

Any DIY on the comfort blinkers? :)

Actually, I allready have silver vision bulbs. ;) But they are 21/5W-type because I wanted little US-look to my little car :D In last photos (pictures with proper licenplates) I have parking lights on, thats the reason for orange glow ;)

Sorry no DIY about comfort blinkers. I have VW OEM retrofit-kit, quite easy to install. All connections can be made behind hazard-switch! :cheers:

Actually, I allready have silver vision bulbs. ;) But they are 21/5W-type because I wanted little US-look to my little car :D In last photos (pictures with proper licenplates) I have parking lights on, thats the reason for orange glow ;)
click

This is the image i was talking about. Not the ones with indicators on :P

Sorry no DIY about comfort blinkers. I have VW OEM retrofit-kit, quite easy to install. All connections can be made behind hazard-switch! :cheers:
Do you have the part number? I only find comfort blinkers for Polos :(

edit: Found the part number!

Edited by ptLupo

• 7 months later...

Some progress after winter: I got rid of thos useless foglights and replaced them with smoked Dectane led day driving lights (much more usefull because we have law since 70's to use driving lights also on daylight). I also got smoked driving lights and blinkers from eBay.de. Ugly original sunroof wind deflector was replaced with on from Polo 6N.

_small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Do like the look of this too! nice mods that suit. Didn't know about the open till this forum- quite fancy one myself!

Loving the double din too - best looking unit I've seen in that slot!