GTi remap

cafcross

Just seen in Redline's Dub special a month or so back there was a track-prepped GTi on Schrick cams and Jenvey throttle boddies and that was running 141bhp. Whether or not that had anything else done to it I don't know.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

schrick cams and jenvey throttle bodies and he was only getting 141bhp? WTF!

Surely that can't be right. Don't you mean 181bhp :P

Either that or he hasn't had it remapped yet to compensate for the extra fueling and the different cam ratio's

Edited by Niche

It reads, and I quote:

" This ex VW Cup Lupo GTI is a bit of a track weapon. For £5,500, with a 1.6ltr 16V running Jenvey throttle bodies, Schrick cams and lots of head work to produce 141bhp."

Then they made an error. It doesn't seem worth it to have a Jenvey throttle body conversion and a set of schrick cams only to get an extra 7bhp from a stock GTI with a remap.

They probably hit the number 4 on the keypad instead of the number 7...fat fingers.

Payna got 141bhp at Awesome with a BMC, Raceland manifold and custom cat-back. No remap.

I'd hope that Foxy would get over 150bhp with his full custom exhaust, sports cat, BMC and remap.

Lincolnshire Lupo GTI got 167bhp with Jenvey Throttle bodies, so I would have thought the cup cars would be making more than that.

Then they made an error. It doesn't seem worth it to have a Jenvey throttle body conversion and a set of schrick cams only to get an extra 7bhp from a stock GTI with a remap.

They probably hit the number 4 on the keypad instead of the number 7...fat fingers.

Not neccesarily.

In motorsport, They go off wheelpower... not clutch power like people in the fast road tuning industry.

I could swear mine is 139bhp. It was remapped before i got it, will look for the dyno read outs, ive got them somewhere

If yours isn't a GTI, then whichever rolling road it was on, was very optimistic...

What are they charging for a remap?

Our Current prices are as follows:

Lupo 1.0 - 1.4 - £199 + VAT

Lupo GTI 1.6 16v - £250 + VAT

These are full custom remaps tailored to the modifications on your car.

Most stand alone management systems can be mapped From £499 +VAT upwards depending on how much is involved.

I've read the thread with my mouth gaping wider nad wider as the pages go on. The stock GTI is 125fw bhp or so and I'm assuming after the cost of a BMC, cat back system, 4-2-1 manifold and a remap, 140-150fw bhp is fairly reasonably achievable.

That's a hell of a lot of money to be spending to get 15bhp. It demonstrates the effectiveness of the stock set up beautifully and reassures me that TDI is the Daddy.

TDI is the Daddy.

Yes, you spend as much buying the car as you would buying a GTI.

Spend £400 on a remap, to get the power no where near a stock GTI.

N/A Tuing is always more expencive.

VW Map the car to be ok on emissions tests.

Al's guys will map it to run as smooth as possible.

Raising peak power is not as important to us Petrol N/A enthusiasts as it seems to be to the Oil chugger lovers out there :P

Raising peak power is not as important to us Petrol N/A enthusiasts as it seems to be to the Oil chugger lovers out there :P

It can't be about the torque either :lol:

I know the map will be well worth it in terms of power delivery, I drove a Superchipped Mini One once and it was so much smoother than our Cooper at the time with much the same power. It's because I'm a tight arse that I refuse to accept it's financially viable on a £/hp basis!