Alonso leaves McLaren

Crusoe

"Since I was a boy I had always wanted to drive for McLaren, but sometimes in life things do not work out,''

Wonder who he'll race with next year, be good to see three manufacturers fighting at the sharp end of the field.

I have a feeling he'll be getting back in a Renault, although Toyota have an opening and definately have the funds to pay him

Said on Sky News before he's rumoured to be going to either Renault or Red Bull and either Kovalainen or De La Rosa to replace Alonso. Can't see it being De La Rosa really with him having a few chances at being a proper driver already.

I remember that too. Alonso is a fool for spitting his dummy out. He was out-talented, but only just.

Better news is that Daniel Craig has signed for another four Bonds (that might be very old news though).

Edited by IDGM

Alonso was one of my favourite drivers, but i've lost all respect for him this season. Realisticly there was no way he could stay at McLaren. And really he's shot himself in the foot because he'll be going to a team that'll have an inferior car to the one he had. I think we'll be seing Kovalainen replacing him. :coffee:

and in other news, lewis hamilton might be appearing on top gear and doing the star in a reasonably priced car. apparently the stig is gonna give him a few tips on how to drive!

Edited by Adam K

Flavio Baratone (or whatever his name is) said in an interview at the end of the season that he would be more than happy to have Alonso back, I'd say its a done deal already, he'll be going to Renault.