GTI Remap

gti_matt

ok feedback so far is that its not worth the hassle of posting your ecu if a courrier is going to bring it back to you. as courriers are useless and dont bother finding addresses if it means getting out of the van. countless calls to courrier company trying to get through is making me crazy. hopefuly l will still get it today, have already seen the van once earlier and drive off again. grr.

so top tip so far is inssist on powerchips use royal mail special delivery. royal mail always know local area so i have never had delivery problems with them.

wtf is wrong with you,

get a deckchair , beer , weed and chill out in the sun out front all day waiting for the van tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wtf is wrong with you,

get a deckchair , beer , weed and chill out in the sun out front all day waiting for the van tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

your right man. need weed. lol

I didnt think it had an ECU.

er dont know was listed.

but they also list remap for 1.6 8v fox.

finaly got my ecu back.

only been for a shortish drive not a huge kick in performance but certainly worth £210.

engine note sounds more agressive/growly, i think that would be from the raised ignition timing.

its a shame i havent driven my car since sunday otherwise i would be able to tell the difference more. but seems like there is more power for sure, and torque across the whole rev range.

will report again if i notice other differences when i have been for a longer drive.

had a longer drive, definately a nice increase in power, pick up is better also. especially from 4.5krpm.

and as said before the engine sound much more racey and serious. almost like a different exhaust has been put on.

fun to drive.

well not to worry i will get on the rollers again in a few months time.

my friend said it sounded different when he was with me in the car earlier.

also felt a bit more grunt.

still £ for bhp a good buy. about £50 more than a BMC and you get a stealthy ecu remap with noticably more power.

i recommend this. but dont post. turn up to get the fitting done. saves on stress.

or if you have a 1.0 or 1.4 there is the diy laptop solution.

Edited by qually

Do these people even no what they are on about?

LUPO 1.4 8V ME7 PETROL BOSCH ME7

its 16V!

Wouldn't trust them at all if they can't even get things like that right.

NOCK

• 2 years later...

sorry to dig up an old thread but i am seriously considering remapping my gti and wanted to know if anyone else has since remapped a standard lupo gti? just curious as to whether or not their is a noticeable gain or if over time its been detrimental to the engine? please let us know and also if anyone did rollling roads before and after. im hoping to get this done soon-ish as it xmas soon, but ive found a company that says its a mobile business and they come to you an remap your ecu. 199 they want and seems very reasonable. what do you all think?

John, as you have had one of these engines apart.....

What does the VVT do? I would have though it advances the inlet cam at high RPM? Or does it retard the timing at low RPM on a GTI?

Also... Please could you answer my PM.. Pretty please.

Edited by 99hjhm

There is the possibility of adjusting the mapping around the VVT system but as mentioned it's not something that will give any real gains through the range. It is already set up very well by VW From the factory.

John, as you have had one of these engines apart.....

What does the VVT do? I would have though it advances the inlet cam at high RPM? Or does it retard the timing at low RPM on a GTI?

Also... Please could you answer my PM.. Pretty please.

PM answered ;)

The vvt is there to advance the inlet camshaft i think by 15 degrees, but i maybe wrong. It uses oil pressure fed through the block direcly from the oil pump on a seperate feed to the rest of the engine. It is controlled through the soienoid on the top of the block.

The whole arrangement is a nightmare, there is no wodruff key on the camshaft for re aligning it when taking it appart... you need 3 tools to align it when putting the cams back in and then its easy to get the spring on the cam adjuster in the wrong place and it wont work right.

I think on warm up it advances to help with cat heating. And also at 5000rpm or there abouts it also opens, i havent yet in my application found it to be benificial. But we havent finished playing with it yet as the charger is a bit broken atm.

Hi just noticed this thread, next week im due to remap my Lupo Gti at work (currently work at AMD Essex) should be expecting a gain of 10-15bhp and the same for torque awell. When this gets doen i will put up the dyno graphs and video, thanks Brad

Hi just noticed this thread, next week im due to remap my Lupo Gti at work (currently work at AMD Essex) should be expecting a gain of 10-15bhp and the same for torque awell. When this gets doen i will put up the dyno graphs and video, thanks Brad

Id like to see the graphs too. 10 ot 15bhp increase from a standard engine is a little over the top i think. I would think with a standard engine you will see a 7-10 bhp increase but more usable power throughout the rev range.

John

Id like to see the graphs too. 10 ot 15bhp increase from a standard engine is a little over the top i think. I would think with a standard engine you will see a 7-10 bhp increase but more usable power throughout the rev range.

John

I'd be suprised to see that with standard intake and exhaust, even with a map tbh!

Who gives a feck about dyno figure BS.

It's about how much quicker the car will accelerate to say 60MPH, the worst point as I can see in a GTI is the stutter as you crack the throttle open, although some of this is probably due to the fly by wire throttle?? If this can be improved, then I couldn't care if I loose 5BHP.