bogdan_wrc

new member...East Europe

67 posts in this topic

Hello all!

just bought my LUPO GTI to turn it into Lupo CUP and race it in the championship :)

just want to congratulate all for this forum!

do you know where can i find a manual of the Lupo (GTI)?

any help from "racers"...appreciated :)

for now, i dont have photos, but i have a 2002 silver GTI with japan racing JR3 wheels and yokohama advan a 048 tires and ta-Technics custom track-modified suspension.

still to come:

2 x GP Race Pro Circuit bucket seats

and rollbar.

i have not decided about the steering wheel :)

Edited by bogdan_wrc

Bine ai venit! :) nu ai avut un CZT acum ceva vreme? Ne stim de pe mitsu, am avut un Colt Ralliart alb ( o perioada ).

ma confuzi :)) am avut un Audi S3..in ultimii 8 ani. daca intri pe forumul mare vw ..il gasetsi aoclo.

dar am mancat see you el cateva CZT-uri :)) si visinii si albe..

Welcome aboard!

Be sure to keep us posted on your progress, and make lots of pictures :)

Nice!

Is the blue one in your picture an original Lupo Cup car?

thanks !

mine is the silver one...still not ready for CUP ...the purple one si racing already in the championship..

Where did you get the wheels from?

Motor Park with Willi's Lupo's? :P

I meant that you were at Motor Park and that's one of the Wili's Lupos ? :D:D

aaa..yes.

i am ..usually... at Motorpark..i live at 45km from it :) and thats the Lupo of one of the top racers...yeah, close to willi.

Saturday i will be there, too.

hopefully i can mount the 6 points harnesses....before...

Nice! Looking good.

I presume you won't be keeping things like the radio, lower half of dash etc...? There is loads of weight to be saved there!

i want your rear speakers and the stereo, if it's a Gamma! :D

Edited by Danyutz

i just bought the BETA to replace the very expensive head unit (clarion..something with BT...MP3...remote control that came with the car..which is already sold).. because i have a minimum 950kg to reach. no less than that, this due to the regulations..and the 500g radio is ok.. at least i like listening to music on the way to racetrack..

i choose BETA because i dont know if a have rear speakers...:)) i never looked for them.. and i needed something pretty cheap...

there are other places where i can loose weight but the cars is almost there....

i lost weight from the AC system, the wheels, interior..rear and front seats..steering wheel..

i have to loose around 150kg, from 1050kg of the full car, because the rollbar will add around 40-50kg...

also, lower half will be there.... and i really like it this way..

the car is also drive-able on the road.. its got license plate...all inspections..insurance

the interior roof, floor will be removed.. the steering wheel will be changed (Sparco P310 is on its way)...

the exhaust will also be replaced with bigger but lighter one..

the battery also...with lighter one.. from here

http://www.jjcraceandrally.com/odyssey-batteries-6

danutz, as i already said..the door panels are reserved for the person which took the whole interior..its fair this way.. the red seat belts also..

Shot a picture of the rear door cards, i'll tell you if there's speakers behind them.

It's ok with lower door panels, i understand. Chris doesn't sell them either, he's using them.

i just bought the BETA to replace the very expensive head unit (clarion..something with BT...MP3...remote control that came with the car..which is already sold).. because i have a minimum 950kg to reach. no less than that, this due to the regulations..and the 500g radio is ok.. at least i like listening to music on the way to racetrack..

i choose BETA because i dont know if a have rear speakers... :)) i never looked for them.. and i needed something pretty cheap...

there are other places where i can loose weight but the cars is almost there....

i lost weight from the AC system, the wheels, interior..rear and front seats..steering wheel..

i have to loose around 150kg, from 1050kg of the full car, because the rollbar will add around 40-50kg...

also, lower half will be there.... and i really like it this way..

the car is also drive-able on the road.. its got license plate...all inspections..insurance

the interior roof, floor will be removed.. the steering wheel will be changed (Sparco P310 is on its way)...

the exhaust will also be replaced with bigger but lighter one..

the battery also...with lighter one.. from here

http://www.jjcraceandrally.com/odyssey-batteries-6

danutz, as i already said..the door panels are reserved for the person which took the whole interior..its fair this way.. the red seat belts also..

I wasn't aware the was a minimum hence my question :). The rallying I am building mine for the minimum weight for a 1000cc is 750kg!

If you're really interested in a light battery, I can do so much better than that..... But it requires a bit of DIY.

try me.. :)

i am not very good at DYI, but I have a handy mechanic...

Use super caps instead......