Lupo GTi windscreen

adesignercallednick

They are slightly thinner yes. I hear it's a nightmare getting Autoglass to repair them because they always try and fit a standard glass.

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/topic/81294-lupo-gti-windscreen/

according to that thread, your pilkington glass is standard non gti 5mm thick jobbie.

TBh i wouldnt worry too much about getting the thinner glass as it would be much easier to break again.

Edited by Sausage

But a GTI should have the correct glass, I've always insisted on having it fitted when I've needed one (think I'm on my 10th screen now!)

6E0 845 011 E

Yes that is for genuine GTI glass

I've been unlucky, its usually from following Chelsea tractors on roads that have been cheaply resurfaced with loose chippings....

• 2 weeks later...

Autoglass replaced my screen with a non genuine screen, I informed them it should be gti glass as this is what the car is supposed to have. They are now replacing it with a gti one they are buying from the dealers. Thanks for the info gtiboy!

Edited by LexG

Trying to get myn replaced, first time autoglass but a pilkington one. Now they are saying I have to pay an extra £170 for a genuine sekurit one. What have you guys said to them to get a genuine one just for your excess?

Autoglass tried that on me too, so I phoned my insurance company (Aviva) and told them, they then phoned Autoglass and said no extra...