Well then Mr Tigz

twisty b-road

The Loop is dead.

I had been down south on Saturday to sell my amps, Obviously I had disconnected my main power feed from the battory.

All went well, sold the amps said goodbye to Sarah and drove up 100 miles of motorway without a problem.

Got ready to go out, and Ema was giving me a lift to Doncaster, as I was late meeting my mates.

The dash lights started flashing, and the engine cut out. Smoke was bellowing from under the bonnet, I looked and every thing was on fire.

I tried to put out the flames but was fighting a losing battle as it was getting worse and worse.

I told Ema to run, as the flames were now burning everything in sight, and I didnt think I would be able to put it out.

A car pulled up and this woman came runnin over with a fire extiuater.

Its made a right mess, I got it recovered into VW yesterday, and im just hoping, they cant work out where the fire started.

Some good news though, we have managed to buy a new car last night.

Dont bloomin' laugh non of ya cos I love my shed,

Ive bought a E reg 4 door Pug 205 GT. 1.4 twin carbs, I fooking love it, its so fast, I cant get enough of it, totally orginal, everyone laughs at it, but its got 12 months Tax + Test, and it'll do us till our car is back.

So we will still be at festivl!

End Result See Here

Edited by Tigz

Will you have to claim on the insurance do you reckon?

Im hoping I can blag it with VW and get it done under warrenty, Ive removed any evedance, so im hoping they wont find anything :?

sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> :cry: just glad you guys r all right, cars are replaceable, no matter how much you love your car. hope your insurance will pay for replacement of all th emods you've done!

Well everything is declared with the insurance, so hopfully if the warrenty claim is refused the insurance will cover it.

Heres a pic of my new shed 67046470106.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Edited by Tigz

Absolutely gutted for you! I know how much you love the car. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Ive got my fingers crossed for you that VW cough up :!:

theres an old peug gti 1.9 sitting as a rusty shell behind my work but the engine is still in it, I could post the engine in bits too you, might need a bit of work but it would really make it go! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Going to look at some 205 1.9GTi wheels and a leather interier tonight lol

Dont think I'll bother with the interier but the wheels will look cool, sprayed black! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

morning tigz..... sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> sad about looopo but as everyone has said u and emma ok so thats main thing...

and 205 with twin carbs is going to be wicked for a while biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Its the same engine that is in a AX GT, they are 85bhp mine is 80bhp, raced a MK4 Golf TDi at the lights last night and beat it biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I cant wait to finish work tonight and take it for a blast, a mate at work had one as his first car and he said, it'll take a Saxo VTR so going Saxo bashing tonight lol

I had a 205 XS - which is the 3 door one!

85bhp, totally ace. It was the single carb one.

There was a trick folk used on the twin carb jobbie - it was putting on a (slightly modified) inlet manifold & carbs from something like the 2.0 MG maistro (this aint a joke!) and it gave you around 95 bhp!

Also, the K&N filter on the 205 XS gave a proven +8bhp - it was well documented, as it was a definate power gain. K&N used it in their brochures.

R.I.P. the loop tho sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

eak not good sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

ive seen cars randomly catch fire... not nice sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

glad u guys are ok - thats the main thing

Bloody ell mate sorry to hear about the car glad to hear you and emma are ok if you are interested in a leather interior for the pug i might no where there is one going and a performance back box (interior is priced around £100 squid)

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />