Leon cupra r splitter or such like??

Matty_Gti

I think those with coilovers wound down would leave the splitter to be honest as if it's any bigger than the standard Lupo GTi splitter it will scrape on near enough everything, mine does already so i'll only end up ripping my front bumper off with a bigger splitter.

The Leon R splitter does look good though, its just not practical on my Lupo unfortunately.

Tom

Just screw through the mounting lip into the bottom of the bumper.

Got a pic some where.

i actually trimmed and fitted stephens splitter for him in return for him while he shampooed my passats interior,it is not as straightforward a job as that tbh but you could get away with getting it and just drilling a couple holes and screwing it in and i suppose on a standard height gti it may look almost ok but from the factory the centre has two stanchions in the middle bit which if not trimmed would leave the spoiler looking very ski slope as they would force the front to sit very low (iirc theyre about 30-35mm high).

basically on the splitter the centre legs/stanchions/mounts got trimmed down slightly then notched a bit then trimmed further then notched further(stephen wanted it looking like a factory part)but eventually the legs were almost nonexistant and i thought it looked better with them off than just the little stumps left. At the corners of the leon splitter where it would clip into the leon bumper you have to trim a couple of the lugs off and bite a little bit into the spoiler to bumper mating face to get it to fit without having to kink it round or force it round the standard gti lower 'splitter' but otherwise it is a pretty(surprisingly)good fit width wise.centre up the 'mouth' of the splitter with the car and starting at either side work your way round with small self tapping screws making sure your happy with the placement. Once its secured in you need to chop about 4 inches out of either end and then try and shape it to fit the leading edge of the arches. The good thing about doing it the way i done it is it can easily be returned to standard,there was a stage where id said to stephen i might have to chop a bit out his standard splitter and the whole plan nearly got vetoed. But(kinda obv.)i managed to come to a neater solution.

P1050088.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

110.jpg

111.jpg

ill just add that my brother says it does scrub a bit more than the standard splitter(he actually popped a couple of the self tappers out at edition due to some numnut guard)but over all its a very subtle almost factory looking mod that some people surprisingly still miss as being an addition

which was what he was going for :shades:

hope that reply helps you make your mind up either way(im available for fitting but the cost in alcohol is prohibitive lol)

Edited by dubbed_up_daz

thanks for the info daz, looks like you did a very good job of fitting it. was it a case of trimming the legs down a bit so it wasnt as tall? how do you cover up the join in the middle? what size self tappers did you use?

where are you based? i'm sure i can pay you hansomly in alcohol if you want to fit mine

thanks for the info daz, looks like you did a very good job of fitting it. was it a case of trimming the legs down a bit so it wasnt as tall? how do you cover up the join in the middle? what size self tappers did you use?

where are you based? i'm sure i can pay you hansomly in alcohol if you want to fit mine

I used to work at a Seat garage in the parts and we used to send out a lot of the "R" spoilers (and the rest of the front ends) to bodyshops and I thought that it was a subtle spoiler, when I put it under the front of the Loop I thought that it would go on with a little work! It took him 2 sittings to fit it the rough one /cutting up etc then the proper final fitting it took him a wee while but it looks like it should be there :shades: Theres a little contact with the odd speedbump and bad cambered roads, and the exit road and the ramp at edition38 .

The spoiler hasn`t been cut in the middle to narrow it just to loose height. A lot of the plastic was cut out the middle to get it closer to the standard gti splitter + some out the corners to get the ends closer to the edge. The self tapers were just some black ones out of the workshop, probably get them from Halfords though.

He stays in Falkirk about 20 mins from Edinburgh and he drinks like a fish :lol:

argh Falkirk is a little bit far, i live in scunthorpe which is probs about 400 miles away, a little too far to drive to get a splitter fitted lol. well i have a lot of info there, i might just buy one and have a go gradually, see if i can get it looking as good as the one above does

Anyone got the part number for it please :) ??

Had one on my old ibiza, wouldn't mind one on the lupo, i did break about 3 of them before one due to a rabbit, badger and low ramp lol

Quick edit to say i have found the part number :) 1ML 805 903

Edited by SiiMo

• 9 months later...