Upgrading a 1.0 s

Boraboy

Picking up a 1.0 Arosa S for my wife in 2 weeks, so the modding will start straight away as she aint happy with a standard looking car.

so I'm gonna start with the wheels, got some Momo Arrow 16's already to go on but may change to a BBS.

Colour code the front lower bumper.

Does the rear Lupo GTI bumper with centre exit fit a 54 reg arosa ?

Having driven it today I realised the brakes are not very good compared to what we are both used to so I plan to upgrade these, I have done a search and found 280's will fit with a hub change, but which hubs from which cars will I need?

Rear discs aswell, just for looks and possably a better pedal feel, I red that the beam is the same just minus an ARB but what VW/Seats models can I use the parts from.

What master cylinder size does the 1.0 have and is the Loop GTI bigger ? Can I use one from another model.

Do Polo parts fit ?

Sorry for all the questions, I have modded various Golfs and corrado's but never a loop/ Arosa or Polo's.

Thanks

Graham

Edited by Boraboy

As its only a 1.0, I'd say you'll want to change the Momos for something a bit smaller - 15 or less realy :)

Lupo rear wont fit a mk2, especially not a GTi one - the ends are flared to match the wider arches.

I think alot of people notice a good change in the brakes with just a disk and pad upgrade, even without the bigger disks.

Can't help on any of the others though - best of luck with it :thumbup:

Edited by lunalupi

Yeah, stick to 15"s or acceleration will drop, and you dont want that on a 1.0.

Get an Arosa Sport rear bumper, its the same as your standard one but with a centre exhaust. But then you face the spare wheel problem. To have a centre exit on a sport they have a shallow spare wheel well, the 1.0 doesnt, since you can fit in the 14" alloys, but it only comes with a space saver.

Kits are availavle to make your wheel well shallower though to fit the centre exit exhaust. Or i think im right in thinking that you can get exhaust which go round the existing well and out of the centre, but i may be wrong.

The easiest way to fit rear discs would be to find a scrapped Arosa or Lupo Sport and get the rear beam with the brake assembly and fit it straight to yours.

1.0S have non vented front discs, but ive not had a problem with them on my 1.0, although my TDi has far stronger brakes.

Lots of buts from the arosa are polo bits too, but im not sure what polo bits you mean.

Im not sure about performance mods for the little 1.0s, its only a 1.0 afterall so its never going to be a flyer.

What colour is it? personally i think colourcoding only works with some colours. Have a look around the readers rides section as some arosa people have colour coded their lower bumpers, personally i like mine black.

:)

powerflow custom make all their exhausts to suit your car, they will do one that hides in your bumper and pops out in the middle, ive asked them lol

the girlfriend has a 1.4s lupo and wanted a sport bumper on it you see

Edited by EaRNi!

powerflow custom make all their exhausts to suit your car, they will do one that hides in your bumper and pops out in the middle, ive asked them lol

the girlfriend has a 1.4s lupo and wanted a sport bumper on it you see

Ah i didnt know if i was making that up, so there you go :lol:

That would be the easiest thing to do then :)

If you get the tyre ratios right 16s shouldn't effect your acceleration.

If the standard tyres are 185/55/14 you could, assuming your wheels will carry them, fit 195/40/16. This would mean that your speedo will be 0.6% too slow (i.e. your speedo will be reading 60mph but you will be doing 60.4mph).

I don't like big wheels on the Lupo or Arosa, but just wanted to clarify, that if you wanted to do it, you can.

Even with a bigger break upgrade the breaks will look diddy in the rims, especially if they are very 'open'.

14's give a nice look on a lowered car.

All my opinion though - apart from the maths! - http://miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html.

Enjoy the Arosa!

As its only a 1.0, I'd say you'll want to change the Momos for something a bit smaller - 15 or less realy :)

Lupo rear wont fit a mk2, especially not a GTi one - the ends are flared to match the wider arches.

I think alot of people notice a good change in the brakes with just a disk and pad upgrade, even without the bigger disks.

the lupo rear bumpers do fit the mk2 just not a GTi one as the GTi one has the bits near the arches flaired which wont match the arosa bodywork

as for the brakes , unless your wanting to have to get , new brake lines , hubs , calipers , caliper carriers new pads and discs so you can run bigger brakes , i would just stick to uprated discs and pads mate

Piss poor brakes on the 1.0 make the driving experience fun!

If you think they're bad you should try a MK1/2/3 P :blink: lo!

Edited by Silver!

ill check ETKA when my wee brother goes out ( its now on his machine as i got a new computer and it wont run on the new machine and he doesnt like me in his room hence having to wait till he goes out ) and ill check the part number against it for hte calipers

ok scrub that , i only got back from my wee cousins house after spending 11hours fixing her arosa ( the original fault was a dodgy boot solinoid which stopped the central locking from working turns out after spending £10 on a new solinoid that the reason it had went in the first place was that the rear wash wipe was leaking into the boot which shorted the original one out , then just as i fix that the washer pipe splits so i rip the car appart to fix that and dry the floor , THEN i find out that the rear wiper motor was a cheap nasty aftermarket replacement which was the cause of the original leak so i have to go home and get the wiper motor etc from my car and fit it to rebecca's . then to top it off who ever had last had the arm off had jammed it on that tight it was a ****** to get off and eventually got it all sorted and buttoned up and got home the back of 11pm )

the shortened version , ill get the info on sunday :lol: