Schmidt modern lines

LINCOLNSHIRESLUPOGTI

I have been a member on here for a long time now and am always happy to sing the praises of any company, individual etc that will do an honest and fair job or sells good quality parts for a reasonable price.

This time however, I feel I should make you all aware of the disgusting service I am still having to endure whilst dealing with Rennsport.

Some of you may remember that I contacted them several months ago enquiring about some Schmidt modern lines in, an at the time, un-available size of 16 x 7.5" in single piece construction. The wheels were in Schmidts latest catalogue (where I had seen them) but not currently in manufacture.

A few weeks after my initial enquiries I contacted Rennsport again and ordered the wheels understanding they would take about 8 weeks to arrive. Rennsport told me that they would not be able to refund the transaction as it would special order and I agreed that this was fine as I definetelly wanted the wheels. Rennsport did however say that they would not take payment until the wheels were dispatched to me.

3 weeks later I realised they had taken the money for the wheels and assumed that the wheels must be arriving imminently so I waited patiently for over a week then contacted Rennsport to be spun a line that the wheels were nearly ready and would be dispatched in a week or so.

I rang Rennsport again (13th April) to be told the wheels had been dispatched on the Tuesday (10th April) of that week and although they were not here as promised they would definatelly be in on the Monday (16th April). The following week the wheels still did not arrive.

I rang Rennsport again to be told that actually the wheels were not dispatched from Germany at all (so who lied?) but were still over there, but sure enough (as so many times before) they were going to be dispatched in two days time (20th April) and would be with me "next week".

Rennsport then rang me earlier on this week to tell me my wheels were indeed in the country and they had them. I asked if they would be here for this weekend and was told they most certainly would be.

Are they here? Are they f..k.

My current rear tyres are on the wear limit and I do not want to buy 2 17" tyres when I have paid hundreds of pounds for new wheels and tyres that should have been here weeks ago. As well as this, someone has stayed in at home for three weeks waiting for the delivery that never came.

No appologies, no money deducted for all their lies/incompetance or whatever and they have had the full amount of my cash for weeks now. I would not recommend Rennsport to anyone ever.

get in touch with trading standards mate! should be able to sort it out and mabye give you a little sumfin for your troubles that way smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

im fairly close to rennsport, so let me know if theirs anything (dunno what smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />) i could do to help

Tyres on the limit equals trouble! The day i stacked my car the fuzz looked at my Toyos at came to a conclusion they were bald and were an important factor to my incident.

So chase them up, as it is important that they dispath the goods

Still no wheels, I really doubt they actually arrived at Rennsport on Tuesday now.

Had to take Lupo off the road as tyres too bald to risk using now. Gave me an excuse to get it really clean and I am very lucky I have another car I can use.

Worst company service I have ever received.....apart from VW when I bought my car that is.

Wheels did not arrive yesterday either. Rang Rennsport for what must be the 10th time to be told that they had fitted the tyres (obviously took them 6 days as they claimed to be doing that the previous Tuesday when they rang me) and that the wheels would be here today.

Obviously it would have been nice if they were even a little bit appologetic for their terrible service but instead they decided to argue about how long ago I actually paid for the wheels. Complete lack of customer service.

Edited by LINCOLNSHIRESLUPOGTI

So are you getting them today? They really are taking the piss, i would be tempted to get my money back and say you don't want the wheels anymore, unless you really really want them.

Wheels arrived yesterday although I wont be home until weekend so have not seen them yet to make sure everything is right with the order.

Just to add a final insult, Rennsport managed to charge me twice for the wheels.....even though they were weeks late.

I hope to never have to deal with such a w@nk company again.

Most annoying is when you take time off work to wait for couriers and the ydon't turn up.

I had the asme problem with Post Van lying to me on a daily basis and in the end I told them I want a refund and I want it now and they gave me one. I don't understand why people lie about things like this, not as if they are going to get away with it. If it doesn't arrive when they say it will you'll be straight on there case since you've paid good money for them.

Companies theses days are just ****ers, quick to take your money and promise you this that and the other but as soon as they have your cash it goes from them chasing you for a sale to you chasing them for your goods.

It sucks that you had trouble with them. When i used them last year they were super quick and even phoned me back which companies rarely do these days.

On another note i know when i ordered my Schmidts i didn't want to deal with R&A design because they had such a bad reputation so used someone else. When the wheels arrived it turned out they'd gone through R&A anyway because they were the sole UK distributer. They sent them on to the company i bought them through but they were still cheaper than R&A!! Maybe something similar has happened here with Rennsport or they've been given the run around by Schmidt. They should've kept you informed though rather than telling you bullshit.

Update:

Wheels have arrived.

No bolts though so pointless having the wheels as cannot fit them!

No paperwork what so ever came with the wheels so no receipt or invoice.

Still not taken paid me back the second payment they took so reported them to the credit card company for money theft today.

Bunch of b@st@rds!

*5 week late delivery, incorrect order, no paperwork and charged twice. They did not get a single aspect of the transaction correct, total idiots. Not even good customer service!

Edited by LINCOLNSHIRESLUPOGTI

Just noticed this thread, two of my friends have had similar issues with renn sport. One ordered wheels waited a month for them to turn up and then they didnt have the adaptors and bolts with them as specified so he couldn't fit them, so all in all i reckon he had to wait 6 weeks. Another friend ordered his coilovers from there and told them to leave it after he had waited a month and still no word or coilovers.

Id definitey avoid them if possible just a shame they seem to be the best for schmidt rims rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Despite complaining to Rennw@nk again this week I still have no bolts, invoice or a refund of the second lot of cash they took. Bank investigating them now.

I really hope this gets spread accross the internet to avoid other people suffering such shocking service...worst company I have ever dealt with.