Clutch judder

cardaft

I have said on a previous post that i think my clutch maybe a bit worn as it has a very high biting point and it dont have much feel to the pedal. It has started to judder when you are moving away quick from a stand still.

it isnt even 3 years old yet and has only done 30,000 miles.

Can it be adjusted or will it need a new clutch?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Edited by cardaft

ooops thought yours was a TDI for some reason blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

My 1.0 engine had done 31k miles and there was a judder.

I had totally abused it, as I knew the engine would be coming out so I expected there to be damage.

There was no visible damage to either the clutch or flywheel, s do not know if the slight judder I had was Clutch or release baring related

Does yours still judder?

I dont abuse mine at all, dont ride the clutch or anything and its only a two owner car, me being the second, and it was owned by a middleaged women before that so dont really think it would have been abused there, unless she held it on the clutch a lot.

Think its around £390 for a clutch at Seat blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Would adjusting the pedal do anything for the judder?

Does yours still judder?

DSC00563.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

I think the Clutch is self adjusting, although I cant say for sure.

Ive sold the old gearbox, so I cant check.

If you take a pic of your linkages?

thanks, i have looked, so it can be adjusted. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

But would this stop the judder, anyone?

Edited by cardaft

• 1 month later...

Well the clutch juddering stopped, so i have no idea why it was doing that.

Although now it crunches when i put it into reverse, when the pedal is fully pressed.

I think im going to try to adjust the clutch to see if this solves it.

Has anyone ever adjusted theirs and its it easy to do?

Thanks alot thats a big help smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

So screwing that nut in will lower the biting point of raise it?

and to stop the crunching did you srew it in or out?

The more you turn the nut clockwise the higher the bite point becomes its trial and error to get it the way you like it but it. Just do a little at a time and see how it goes. Dave

i lowered my biting point by turning the nut marginally anti clockwise it doesnt need much movement and by doing this it also stopped the crunching.

i178864866_38574.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

That should fix your problems. Dave

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> adjusted mine there too after gettin it back and wearing the clutch in was reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally soft so sorted it out and drives like a dream now smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Both me and mum have the exact same problems as you Chris mums being 54 with 8000 on and mine being a 53 with 12000 on and mine coming from 5th to 4th alot of the time doesnt want to go in first time and crunches alot of time when going into reverse as it feels like its in gear but then needs pushing a bit more?

but ive not adjusted it as ive always being told this can unnecesarily wear the clutch more/quicker?

remember though on mine they only bolted the clutch/pedal box back down in january as the bolts were missing and that heavily changed the feel and use of the clutch?

so what do you guys think i should do? dont really want dealers as when the bolted up the pedal box by the time the car came out they had scratched my door and kerbed my alloy so want to check myself really?

wayne

Both me and mum have the exact same problems as you Chris mums being 54 with 8000 on and mine being a 53 with 12000 on and mine coming from 5th to 4th alot of the time doesnt want to go in first time and crunches alot of time when going into reverse as it feels like its in gear but then needs pushing a bit more?

but ive not adjusted it as ive always being told this can unnecesarily wear the clutch more/quicker?

remember though on mine they only bolted the clutch/pedal box back down in january as the bolts were missing and that heavily changed the feel and use of the clutch?

so what do you guys think i should do? dont really want dealers as when the bolted up the pedal box by the time the car came out they had scratched my door and kerbed my alloy so want to check myself really?

wayne

minor adjustments would probably sort the problem mate without affecting the wearing of the clutch its cheaper to buy a new clutch than gear box if you strip 4th, 5th or reverse it will cost a fair bit more to sort.

Ah you guys are all leg-ends. I've been having exactly the same problems - crunching going into reverse even tho clutch is fully down, and stiffness when changing gears down mainly.