Lupo - HELP

phoebe_pex

i've just bought my first VW Lupo. Everyone I know goes crazy for VW and i have being influenced by them since this is my first car EVER!

I bought the car yesterday for £925.

What are the typical things i need to check/possibly replace on my car? its got almost 97,000 miles on the clock and apart from costmetics, seems to drive well as I travelled back from nottingham (75/80 miles) yesterday to get it home.

Id really appreciate any help from you guys,

Thanks so much! X

Rust is the big killer, rear arches and the roof gutters.

Mechanical wise I would say pedal box, but if it drives fine then don't worry.

Gear box selector shaft seal is prone to going.

If you want worry free motoring get it serviced and see what it throws up, if you use a seat dealer book the basic online and get free brakedown cover, then read the list of things that need doing. :)

I'd suggest changing the air filters yourself.

Really easy to do and all you need is a 10mm spanner, philips screwdriver & water pump pliers.

You'll get to know your car better and help you save many pounds!

In a service they don't really do too much if i'm honest, obviously get your oil changed if you don't fancy it yourself.

It all depends how much of a girly girl you are, if you don't mind some dirt on your hands, you'll get enjoyment at doing things on your car yourself :)

• Like 1

Haynes manual doesn't exist. The Polo one is pretty close though.

That said, changing an air filter on these is piss easy, so I would do it yourself. Learning is all good and will help you save money in the future :)