whats ur highest speed in da lupo?

_lupogti_

180+ is normal mate!

170- is just being silly! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I regularly travel at over 2000MPH in relation to the Sun.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

not a lupo, but I've had 100 out of my Clio smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

In terms of the speed not relating to exactly the speedo reading. If I wos lets say for example doin 125mph on the clock and was 'clocked' by the old bill would my speed reading be different?? how does it all work then? rather confuses me confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

not a lupo, but I've had 100 out of my Clio smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That a 1.2 16v?

My old dear had one of those mate, Will do 115!

That a 1.2 16v?

My old dear had one of those mate, Will do 115!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My mate has a 1.2 16v as Red Lup says it'll do 115-120 gd little engine in them! The 172 cup his bro has can pull 150 on the clock!

Edited by Ty

In terms of the speed not relating to exactly the speedo reading. If I wos lets say for example doin 125mph on the clock and was 'clocked' by the old bill would my speed reading be different?? how does it all work then? rather confuses me  confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The speed the speedo shows you are going is higher than the speed that you're actually going, usually by around 10%. So 125mph indicated would be roughly 125mph - (10% of 125mph, i.e. 12.5mph) = 112.5mph.

I strongly recommend you don't rely on that information to avoid speeding tickets, though!

(Also, not all cars overread by 10% - the VX is +/- 1mph compared to GPS)

The speed the speedo shows you are going is higher than the speed that you're actually going, usually by around 10%.  So 125mph indicated would be roughly 125mph - (10% of 125mph, i.e. 12.5mph) = 112.5mph.

I strongly recommend you don't rely on that information to avoid speeding tickets, though!

(Also, not all cars overread by 10% - the VX is +/- 1mph compared to GPS)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What about cars with digital speedo, like the citroen c2?

Ty and Red Lup GTi, I didnt want to go too fast, only been driving a year biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

What about cars with digital speedo, like the citroen c2?

Ty and Red Lup GTi, I didnt want to go too fast, only been driving a year biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Most cars have a digital speedo, including the Lupo. They just use an analogue dial connected to a stepper motor to show the speed.

I don't know for sure with the C2, but I would very much expect it to be the same. If you actually examine the VW ECU using diagnostic tools, you can read what speed it thinks it's doing - and it's quite clear that the car knows damn well what speed it's going it, it's just adding a 10% 'fudge factor' to the speedo readout.

agree with Snoop about the stack intruments, very accurate indeed, backed off at a real 125 in the VX, was getting a bit wayward and light at the front. Seen 167 indicated in the S2000 wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> only 130 indicated in the lupo

i got 126 mph out ma clio 1.2 16v with an ind kit and relocation pipe on 15s then ma managment light came on and i broke down lol renaults

cruise-54.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LMAO - Please tell me that number plate means you used to own a Saxo!

And please tell me it was a bodykitted ned-mobile... please, it would make my day!

220km/H with Lupo GTi

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

137.5mph, that's pretty good going, acceleration almost completely runs out about 125 and it crawls up from there.

Is the 6 speed box lower geared in top than the 5 speed?

Are ALL the 138s quoted done in GTIs?? I did about 130 in my old 5speed - but i've not actually topped out my 6speed coz it's only on 1200 miles and i dont wanna push my luck....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yer seems to be all GTi's that have achieved this speed but as i say i wos travelling down hill and dont think i would achieve that sort of speed on a flat piece of road mayb 130 i reckon! But it showed 138 on the clock think she may have got a little more but didnt wana push her/me any further! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by Ty