2000 Lupo 15k Miles

j3ggo

Bought this for my wife as a run about in March. Only 15k miles and full Volkswagen service history. In total it has 21 vw receipts totalling £3500. Original invoice and all mots, 3rd key still in a sealed envelope and original vw pen. Garaged from new lady owner who was a retired solicitor and no expense spared. Just had 4 new continental tyres as original michelins were perished. I have kept the special original vw valve caps that you don't need to take off to check the pressure. No chips in the windscreen, all original. There is a small dent in the rear bumper that I am deliberating whether to get done or not. There is a car park small dent in the passenger door that I shall ask the PDR guy to fix. Also needs one new or mint wheel trim as the original is heavily kerbed. It is a mint condition car, probably one of the best in the uk. I really want you guys to see it. Hope you enjoy my thread thanks Scott.

_73_zpsa650e175.jpg

_68_zps595091c7.jpg

_67_zpscebf8fdb.jpg

_64_zpsce7f164d.jpg

_53_zps717c125e.jpg

_50_zps97d97b9f.jpg

_48_zps9a6264e6.jpg

_42_zpsc901f447.jpg

_37_zps43e1a94c.jpg

_29_zps4a84fd99.jpg

_28_zpsc1bc10e7.jpg

_22_zpse68159b5.jpg

_18_zps30df34ca.jpg

Edited by j3ggo

Nice find! Odd that it has hazard button under the stereo rather than in the middle of the front heaters. They are usually like that on the earlier type ('99 T and V plates) must be a cross over model. Does it have solid headrests or the ones with holes in?

Looks immaculate :D

• Like 1

Nice find! Odd that it has hazard button under the stereo rather than in the middle of the front heaters. They are usually like that on the earlier type ('99 T and V plates) must be a cross over model. Does it have solid headrests or the ones with holes in?

Nope, T, V and W ;)

They introduced the above button between X and Y. So you will find a few X with the old style dash, and a few X with the new style dash. All Y should have the new style dash however I wouldn't be surprised if there was the odd one with the old style.

I still can't decide which dash I prefer, the old one or new one. I suppose the new one has the cup holders as standard, but then the older one is easier to work with and provides a bit of cheeky space for extra radio wiring and other accessories!!

• Like 1

Nope, T, V and W ;)

They introduced the above button between X and Y. So you will find a few X with the old style dash, and a few X with the new style dash. All Y should have the new style dash however I wouldn't be surprised if there was the odd one with the old style.

I still can't decide which dash I prefer, the old one or new one. I suppose the new one has the cup holders as standard, but then the older one is easier to work with and provides a bit of cheeky space for extra radio wiring and other accessories!!

Ah I standard corrected, odd one. I have a V plate and a W plate, the W has the new dash, dials and headrests. W must be the change over year :)

• Like 1

It is totally mint, it's been garaged all it's life. Never been on dirty roads at speed so it is really clean underneath and the engine bay is out of the box. All the plastics are as they were when we bought it and not faded or treated. It's still garaged and only does maybe 150 miles a month.

stunning that!! too good for a runnabout lol

It is a classic really, but needs to do a job. Edited by j3ggo
  • Like 1

Holes on the headrests

Edited cause I thought the post said you'd paid £3500 for the car! Looks immaculate, top work. Almost seems a shame driving it.

It's not your average lupo, makes me smile every time I see it.

Ah I standard corrected, odd one. I have a V plate and a W plate, the W has the new dash, dials and headrests. W must be the change over year :)

Your W is the first I've heard with the new dash. My W definitely had the old one.

Sorry but this made me lol.

Get a trim sorted and enter some concourse events!

Can you please let me know of any Lupo concourse events? I would love to take it provided it's not too far away. Edited by j3ggo