What route? Turbo, Supercharge, 1.8T or sell

Poobah

K people,

Its been ages since i've been on here but l need some advice. I'm coming into some money soon (Around £5500 blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> ) Now my question is what route l should take with the power upgrades for the Gti? I've already got coilovers and carbon induction etc so should l go Turbo, Supercharge, 1.8T or sell it and buy something new? Company names and websites would be great if you can manage it.

Ta

Chris

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for big BHP levels you should go with the 1.8T because this powerplant has more potential for mega-horsepower. On the other hand i strongly prefer the Rothe GTI turbokit for 220bhp+. This keeps the light engine in place, saves a lot of headaches and money. Still the turbo-gti ( there is one in holland with turbo and nos) makes for a very fast little car.

trade in the lupo pluss the £5.5K should get you into something much quicker and better to drive than putting the money into the lupo, if you can afford to loose it then modifications could make it much quicker but it would always be compromised by having more than it was designed to handle through the front wheels.

s2000, VX220 or VX220T, subaru wrx, Evo 6 or 7, clio V6, elise, M3/M5/M coupe etc. can all be had in good condition second hand for £15-18K

Was thniking more, Clio V6, Golf R32 or Focus RS to be honest. Not really into the whole scooby thing.

Chris

Was thniking more, Clio V6, Golf R32 or Focus RS to be honest. Not really into the whole scooby thing.

Chris

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

of those three i'd have the Clio V6 mk2 every time. Much rarer and more interesting and a better drive. Golf will loose it's value when the new R36 comes out and is already loosing out to some Gti sales which rate it as a better drive.

Yeah you could be right, last quote l got the V6 turned out to be more to insure than a TVR Cerbera. huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Yeah you could be right, last quote l got the V6 turned out to be more to insure than a TVR Cerbera. huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i got a quote on an S3 - and i cant be sure, but i think the guy on the phone actually danced on his calculator before quoting me...........

RANT; insurance is the biggest rip-off going!!!!! END OF RANT

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

think they might have made a mistake with the quote on mine, i'm not aying anything though lol, see the insurance thread in general chat.

No idea.

Its not difficult.

Anyone could fit the bits needed.

And theres a dude in the North East thats a magition with ECU set ups.

Ive lost his number, but Im sure Dogwood will remember his nam and number.

hey chris, i suppose its just down to personal preference if you want to change the car, but id rather keep the lupo and do a bit more work on that... t/boddies as tigz mentioned i reckon! surprise.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":surprise:" border="0" alt="surprise.gif" /> shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

not sure i don't think many cars can be classed as an investment - also depends on whether you want to pootle around in something everyone else can drive - or something a little more special - my thoughts at the moment are that i bought the loop partly because of it's rarity - making even more of a statement doing my own thing with it is what appeals to me.......as said though - you never get your money back on mods - all the better to do what many peeps seem to be doing nowadays and keeping your 'project car' for years!!

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> that's my tuppence worth!