What front discs for a GTi? mine have warped

frese

Front discs have warped on my GTi : ( Not much fun braking at speed.

Can anyone recommend what brand/part no. to go for (nothing too flash) Just reasonable quality.

thanks

Thanks went for the JURID discs and pads from GSF with 25% discount. Ordered before returning to the thread. Will just make sure I bed them in gently.

The front discs fitted by previous owner were Eicher, they have warped badly.

Just a quick question on fitting the new discs and pads.

If I have to wind in the caliper piston for pads should the bleed nipple be released? and if so do I have to bleed the brakes afterwards ? or is it not necessary?

:thumbsup:

When you do the front pads, you just GENTLY push the piston back into the housing. Make sure you loosen the brake fluid cap on the reservoir, and put some rag around the top to catch any fluid that could spill out.

The rear calipers wind back in, so you will need a caliper wind-back tool, I bought mine from a local motor factors for about £20ish.

Don't release the bleed nipples as this will allow air into the breaking system, and then they'll need to be bled through....

• Like 1

Thanks Lupogtiboy, yes that's what I did. Nice easy job all except getting the 2x carrier bolts undone. Had to borrow some muscle for that.

No more wheel shake when braking :thumbsup: . Will see how this brand lasts.