removing fabric from front seats?

Hey,

I was given a set of OEM GTi cloths which can simply replace the OEM cloth.

I had a look yesterday but it doesn't look so easy to remove from the seat itself. I didn't remove the seat so perhaps it's easier with the seats out. I see they fold at the bottom but I couldn't get that to unfold. is it just brute force or are there clips? I'm tempted to remove the passenger side to practice lol.

Thanks

As said above, the GTI uses different seat frames and foam, so I don't think it'll be a straight swap. The seat covers are held on with various clips, some of which look like big staples and are a pain to get off and back on! You'll also have to separate the backrest from the base to change the covers...

Damn! That's a shame. Looks like I won't be re-clothing my seats then :( Oh well...

Just for reference, is it just a case of removing the seat from the car, removing the plastic trim from the side such as lever etc, then using something like a paint tin opener to fork out the clips from underneath the folds? I'm quite interested in working out how to do this.