Mileage on petrol ? Help

How long is a piece of string? No personally I think that's dreadful MPG but if you thrash it all the time, and it's not been serviced in a while etc you'll find your MPG drops right down.

No, there's something wrong there unless you're redlining it everywhere.

You should gett at least 240 even if you floor it everywhere - in view of the other engine problems you have - I think it's just a sign of a sick engine trying to cope!?

No, there's something wrong there unless you're redlining it everywhere.

Even then, down the cheshire lanes at full pelt i think i'd see about 130miles at the worst.

LOL!!!

If you redline, you can nail a tank in 30 miles? You do realize the tank is a 33 litre tank?

That means your car is averaging 4 miles to the gallon. I'm pretty sure a 2.5L petrol twin turbo Lexus Soarer gets 11mpg.

Something's definitely wrong there.

I'm starting to think you should bang it on eBay sooner rather than later. Mind you, if you're getting the engine rebuilt, you might find a number of your problems go away.

• Like 1

Mine is terrible on fuel when you floor it, VW didnt imagine to average OAP 1.0 driver to plant their foot and even then its nowhere near that bad!

Even with it being a sport, something isnt right!

Mine is terrible on fuel when you floor it, VW didnt imagine to average OAP 1.0 driver to plant their foot and even then its nowhere near that bad!

I could have driven my 1.0 at 90 and got higher than 4 MPG though!

Ssshh it's not even a sport, sore point there ;)

• Like 1

Ssshh it's not even a sport, sore point there ;)

its been looked t by my brothers and dad it in a normal body but had the sport engine put in it thats why think so many problems wrong with it. My dads scooby does better milage then what mine does!

Edited by Sophiemasden

i looked in the sitkcer in the boot to see what it is but the engine is dift to what it should be so just going to drive it til it dies then scrap it. Its not been right since i had it and only had it since december the whole car looks like its just been bogged up by the guy before.