Any lupo Faster than that...?

VW-LUPO-S

Was basically watching this cause they have the same engine as me but i dont get why they laugh?...
is there any lupo that can become faster than one these's "jdm ricers"??

with your standard 1.4 sport or gti?

• Like 1

• Displacement: 1,595 cc (97.3 see you in)
  • Bore×Stroke: 81.0×77.4 mm (3.19×3.05 in)
  • Compression: 10.2:1
  • Power: 160 hp (119 kW) @ 7600 rpm & 111 lb·ft (150 N·m) @ 7000 rpm
  • Transmission: Y21/ S4c
  • Redline: 8000 rpm
  • Rev Limit: 8200 rpm
  • VTEC engages at 5600 rpm

Thanks to Wikipedia

V tec just kicked in YO!

Sorry had to do it.

Don't know what's more sad

Those idiots racing on the road and filming it

You watching road racing

You getting butt hurt a Honda is faster than your lupo

wasn't watching that to start with was watching my brothers del sol and this was a sugestion, and the title i thought was abit out there...

and for what i know about the cars... ej9 (originally 1.4 model) weighs 1020kg-1155kg depends on what extras its got, the b16a2 motor has 160bhp, has variable vaule time electronic control

6.3 kg to every hp
as for the lupo its a 1.4 16v, 100bhp weighting about 1000kg? off top my head?...10 kg to every hp

Edited by VW-LUPO-S

I seriously think a standard GTI would put up a good fight against that. I'm gonna find someone with a b16. What Honda's come with a b16? Is the b18 faster? If so, i've got a buddie with a teg and i'll give her a go..

lol.

What's so funny?

This

I seriously think a standard GTI would put up a good fight against that. I'm gonna find someone with a b16. What Honda's come with a b16? Is the b18 faster? If so, i've got a buddie with a teg and i'll give her a go..

Having a brother with a del sol yeah they do go well for a 1.6 but not impossible to beat them is it.

All im saying is why dont b16 owners go race something like a 1.8t audi tt or the golf not laugh at a 1.4 with 100 horses.

And the b18 is faster everyone says, can highly mod the b18c6 or the b18c, and the b18c4 goes well with boost.

But there was a forum ages go saying the b16 vtec is more aggressive as its air flow is better and thats why people put b16 heads on a b18.

Having a brother with a del sol yeah they do go well for a 1.6 but not impossible to beat them is it.

All im saying is why dont b16 owners go race something like a 1.8t audi tt or the golf not laugh at a 1.4 with 100 horses.

And the b18 is faster everyone says, can highly mod the b18c6 or the b18c, and the b18c4 goes well with boost.

But there was a forum ages go saying the b16 vtec is more aggressive as its air flow is better and thats why people put b16 heads on a b18.

I see, I'm curious to see how it fairs against a b16 and a b18.

Edited by davidelliott294

Gti would have to be pushing 150 or more hp and weigh 900 or less to make up for the vtec kicking in, cause it goes from using 40/60% of power to 100% puts you back in your seat and a smile on your face!

What do you mean about the b16 & b18?...

Dblock sounds like a honda lover too...

Gti would have to be pushing 150 or more hp and weigh 900 or less to make up for the vtec kicking in, cause it goes from using 40/60% of power to 100% puts you back in your seat and a smile on your face!

Yup, not so much the honda's per say but I do love vtec engines. Often considered getting a s2k plus my other car is jap scrap too. But whats to hate about honda's? They are reliable, cheap to run and fast.

I don't know what your on about % of power. Peak power is made at a certain rpm you cant be making 100% peak bhp all the time.

Also lets say if davidsmelliot294 races a teg. 1 he will get beat in a straight line. Modded or not. A normal one will be making close to about 200bhp? Plus its easier to get power out of a teg then a lupo gti if modding. 2. the teg will handle better than a lupo gti. Renowned as one of the best handling fwd's in the world.

Lets say the other driver is crap and the lupo gti wins what has the proved to anyone? The honda is still faster with a more advanced engine and handles better. The lupo is still a good looking, fun and comfortable car. A teg was made for speed a lupo wasnt.

Lets take the "jap" out of it. A 106 gti would "beat" a lupo gti. Same power, but again I'm sure the 106 is lighter, plus it handles better and is easier to get power out of. The lupo is alot more comfortable though.

Why get butthurt when its the facts. If you bought a lupo to be the fastest out there your an idiot.

Yup, not so much the honda's per say but I do love vtec engines. Often considered getting a s2k plus my other car is jap scrap too. But whats to hate about honda's? They are reliable, cheap to run and fast.

I don't know what your on about % of power. Peak power is made at a certain rpm you cant be making 100% peak bhp all the time.

Also lets say if davidsmelliot294 races a teg. 1 he will get beat in a straight line. Modded or not. A normal one will be making close to about 200bhp? Plus its easier to get power out of a teg then a lupo gti if modding. 2. the teg will handle better than a lupo gti. Renowned as one of the best handling fwd's in the world.

Lets say the other driver is crap and the lupo gti wins what has the proved to anyone? The honda is still faster with a more advanced engine and handles better. The lupo is still a good looking, fun and comfortable car. A teg was made for speed a lupo wasnt.

Lets take the "jap" out of it. A 106 gti would "beat" a lupo gti. Same power, but again I'm sure the 106 is lighter, plus it handles better and is easier to get power out of. The lupo is alot more comfortable though.

Why get butthurt when its the facts. If you bought a lupo to be the fastest out there your an idiot.

Yes, but after all that, you'd still be driving a ****ing Honda.

The thing about Honda fanboys that winds everybody up is this massive inferiority complex and a desire to tell everyone, at great length and volume, how quick there cars are. That and the stupid ****ing exhausts. Oh god the exhausts.

Even if the GTi loses, the owner can knock it into 6th, have a little coast, and enjoy one of the most overengineered cars of its class. Whereas the honda driver will be a mile in front, deafening everyone and tailgating some poor old granny.

To be honest, I love seeing but hurt Honda fanboys when they realise their engine has absolutely no torque.

Yes, but after all that, you'd still be driving a ****ing Honda

And you drive a Ford.

I drive a Vauxhall. With a loud exhaust.

Hardly prestige are they?

Do people really care who's badge is on the bonnet, a good car is a good car, regardless of who makes it - the Honda Type R series and the Ford STs are all good cars.

The VTEC torque is average for an NA engine of its capacity, and its higher RPM negates this anyway.

• Like 1

And you drive a Ford.

I drive a Vauxhall. With a loud exhaust.

Hardly prestige are they?

Do people really care who's badge is on the bonnet, a good car is a good car, regardless of who makes it - the Honda Type R series and the Ford STs are all good cars.

Who mentioned prestige? I was referring to the fact that these sort of threads almost always involve a Honda of some desription. And theres always someone convinced that the 'Teg' is the best handling FWD car (it isn't by he way).

The VTEC torque is average for an NA engine of its capacity, and its higher RPM negates this anyway.

Average for a NA, with long ratios and a high rev range, which means when my car is stretching its legs at 2700rpm, the Honda driver is trying work out what gear he needs to be in for the VTEC to kick in y0.

Only Honda worth having is the NSX. The rest are rot boxes with over firm suspension, terrible interiors driven by people who think they're Matt Neal.

B16 and b18 are types of Honda engines. Not sure where a b16 is from but a b18 is from a teg.