Turbo's

D7 YME

you will need to lower your compression ratio, this can either be done with a copper spacer plate £150 or you can go the forged pistons way £150 per piston

you can get away with std compression but you will need someone who knows how to tune a turbo engine. the performance gain wouldnt be very high either

as for the exhaust manifold (probably the hardest part of turbocharging) there were some for sale at Gti international, the rest of the stuff can be bought online from various performance shops.

if you are looking for a kit, rothe in germany do one, but get your wallet out smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Currently only german companies will do it, to my knowledge. 

It costs from £3500 or £6000 and will give 165 or 180 BHP.

You need to give them your car (in germany) for a few weeks.

http://www.bb-automobiltechnik.de/bb2004/e...lupo_16_16v.php

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that £6k u quoted, u actualy mean euro mate! so that drops the price ALOT!

level 2

BB 6X M65

KKK/GARRET turbo charger ( boost pressure about 0,5bar)

B&B exhaust manifold

special B&B parts for adaptation of compression

special B&B charge air cooler, incl. fittings

B&B modification of control device and code field adaption

special B&B exhaust Y-branch pipe

engine adaption

>>B&B Lupo GTI 1.6 16V Turbo ab. 136 kw / 185 hp

>>torque about 260 nm at 3.100 r.p.m. € 6.198,-

All driving- and torque-performances have been ascertained on B&B test vehicles and can therefore only be general reference values without obligation. These values may vary slightly in dependence on equipment (weight), translation (wheels), and run-performance (mileage).

All electronic increases in performance on TDI- or Turbo-engines include a report of the Technical Control Board (TÃœV) for self-entry, as well as an extensive B&B warranty up to 2 years / 100.000 km (cf. B&B warranty conditions).

Edited by Bikerz

what compression ratio does the gti engine have?

the 1.4 16v has a ratio of 10.5:1 and for a turbo you do really could do with a CR of less than 10:1

as mentioned the CR can be decrease by a thicker headgasket

or you could run a very light boost turbo and you could keep the standard CR but it will have to be a very light boost, say 5-6psi just off the top of my head

TSR did do a turbo conversion for the 1.4 16v engine for £2500 + vat fitted so i don't see why this couldn't be used for the GTI engine

they claimed an increae of 50-70 bhp............

doubt the engine would last too long with that amount of power increase with standard engine internals.

Sorry - i converted 165bhp but not 185bhp - so yes £3500 or £4500.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thats ok makes me look inteligent for once....

... and probaly never agin laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

why don't u just sell the lupo and get a bezza turbo??

u will probably spend 5k getting all this work done, 1.8t might be the way to go in the lupo but tbh if u can't really do it yourself then u will end up paying load's for it to get done! (putting one in a gti is ok but u already spent upward's of 6k buying the car)

Just wondering (not being sarki) but why buy a lupo in the first place if u just want pure power????

I like small cars and coz the lupo is such a rare car and there is not much for it i just want the car ti be differnet and i have kind of out grown the power but i aint ready to let go of the car so i just want to play with it. i was once told if you don't do the things in life that you want to you will regret it. My uncle is a mecanic so he will do it if i buy all the parts

right:-

to start u will need,

1: 20v turbo motor and box (complete)

2: loom, ecu,

3: Custom made front subframe

4: custom made driveshaft's

5: uprated suspension

few other bit's and pieces lol,

superlupo will be able to give u a more rounded list!

Cor, nice find - never seen that before... rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

What were we talking about again? What year is it?

"scoobydoo" thank you very much for this

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

stick throttle bodies on it, same type pf price, much more drivable, same power roughly, more reliable etc etc