What woud you do ?

marcyd

I currently own a lupo gti in moon silver 104000 miles on her , really want a mk1 caddy or mk1 polo would you say selling my gti and purchasing one is a sensible idea ?

• Like 1

There aren't many mk1 polos left, but there are loads of lupo gti's for sale, just do it.

At least you k ow if you don't enjoy it you can sell on and easily buy another gti

Plus when your old and grey it's another thing ticked off the list of things you needed to do

• Like 1

Depends really, will this be your number one car?

If so, then I'd say no, no back seats, no place for shopping to go etc, yes you have the back but you'd then need a cover because of englands piss poor weather performance, would be a hassel to me.

And I think once I've gone for something fast I couldn't go back to something slower

Not exactly my number one car but I've always wanted one , ideally I should of brought one before I purchased my gti , there is a caddy for sale do 2,000 pound with a scoda Fabia vrs conversion I just carnt bring myself to part with my lupo yet , looks like ill have to save hard then sorn my gti for a while maybe ?

Your money at the end of the day, but I see no sense in having a fully working car, then getting another one and have two. Double mot, insurance, tax, upkeep etc.

My friend always wanted two, bout 2 months later he realised his mistake and is poorer than a poor thing on a poor day now

Your money at the end of the day, but I see no sense in having a fully working car, then getting another one and have two. Double mot, insurance, tax, upkeep etc.

My friend always wanted two, bout 2 months later he realised his mistake and is poorer than a poor thing on a poor day now

Not always true. The cost of buying my lupo recovers itself over 8 months of not using the ST for work. Yes the Ford is THAT bad on fuel.

In the context of this thread, i'd be keeping the GTi and look for a shed/project caddy you can keep off road and work on (or pay to have work done)

I wouldnt be buying the caddy to insure as well as the lupo , id sorn one of them untill i wanted to drive it again i think ill wait for a cheapish one to come about as a project