Colour Coding

Skezza

So I'm going to colour code a few things on my car. Obviously interior I'm free to do so, but do I have to declare all of them on the exterior? Have people had their premium go up from simple things such as colour coding the VW badge?

Yeah, I think I'm just going to go ahead and do it. What's the best way? Remove the badge, masking tape over the VW and spray, or is it better to leave it on the car while I do it ?

With Admiral I have 'exterior cosmetic change' & 'interior cosmetic change' on my policy which should cover any painting/retrimming in & out. Don't think it made a big difference to the premium.

Definitely remove the badge to paint it!

It's stuck on with a big sticky pad, I jammed a credit card in to break the seal & carefully pulled it off.

Sounds cool. I think I'll do this in the next week or so, any recommendations on the spray to use? This doesn't look too bad:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AEROSOL-SPRAY-PAINT-VW-FLASH-RED-300ML-/400408993232?pt=UK_Body_Shop_Supplies_Paint&hash=item5d3a3c5dd0

I've used Holts before on other things and it's performed excellent.

dont buy it online nearly 8 quid, can go to vw and get base colour and laquer packs for around a tenner, sprays on really nice, i bought a pack for my dads old passat to paint a door handle laquer layed down really flat was quite surprised