Carbs ??

jakeyg

After spending a fortune in a spray shop this week I'm thinking power but easy..... How hard and what parts are needed to put r1/r6 etc carbs on my 1.4 sport lump ? Or is there any other way I can get good gains

As said, bogg bros will sort you a manifold. I'd be more inclined to go with a pair of weber 40's to be honest. It's easier to get them setup, spares/chokes/jets are easier come by and they just sound so much better!

Look up lumenition. They'll be able to sort you out with the ignition side of things.

Expect a nice big hike in torque and bhp, especially if you've got a decat/manifold.

Another option, which may be cheaper, is to get a standard inlet manifold (i've got a metal GTI inlet you can have), cut the inlet tracts off and jubilee some silicone hose onto them, which you can then attach to a set of r1 carbs.

• Like 1

Another question as I'm not the most machanicly minded person is would anyone be willing to undertake the work or give me a detailed description how ?

In that case, providing you have the money, take the car to bogg bros or a similar place and get them to do the lot. Not everyone has knowledge like coopers :P

I fail to understand why people want carbs when ITBs are better in every way

Because of cost?

I used to run webers on my old 20XE and the whole setup was less than £500 and coupled with cams and an SBD manifold i was 25bhp and 45lb/ft up on standard. Pretty good as far as n/a tuning goes if you ask me.

You're looking at the best part of £1k just for the bodies, plus mapping time, plus management etc.

But i do agree, on a fuel injected engine, throttle bodies are better in every way, other than the noise! ;-)

I've never been in anything running bike carbs or bike bodies though...