Lupo Restoration - Finished & Lowered + Wheels

JackRobo10

That looks spot on, will look great with the wheels and "lows".

Never been fan of removing the VW roundels as I think their size adds to the quirkiness of the Lupo, but the work looks top notch. Well done and good luck on he tests.

I'll be devils advocate and say those plates are not fully legal, they should have the name and postcode of the place that made them, instead you have 'clublupo.co.uk' on them, not the crime of the century but a very particular copper could be having a bad day and if pulled you could get a £60 fine.

On a lighter note the progress looks good! Good luck with VIC check and I look forward to seeing your plans

That looks spot on, will look great with the wheels and "lows".

Never been fan of removing the VW roundels as I think their size adds to the quirkiness of the Lupo, but the work looks top notch. Well done and good luck on he tests.

Cheers mate! :) Each to their own hey!

I'll be devils advocate and say those plates are not fully legal, they should have the name and postcode of the place that made them, instead you have 'clublupo.co.uk' on them, not the crime of the century but a very particular copper could be having a bad day and if pulled you could get a £60 fine.

On a lighter note the progress looks good! Good luck with VIC check and I look forward to seeing your plans

Well if someone picks up on that from such a distance they deserve a medal! To be honest i cant see it myself but as youve said it is possible. Cheers mate :)

looks good :thumbup: where are you having the wheels blasted? and how much?

Cheers :) Ermm theyve been taken to somewhere in buckley, Not sure how much will let you know when i collect them.

Glad you got your sticker okay :thumbsup: and yeah they would deserve an award for pulling you for it. I was talking about being pulled by an arsey copper for something else and if he/she went round your car to try and do you for other offences they could pick up on it but being honest you would have to have REALLY bad luck for that to happen! Looks clean after a polish!

Glad you got your sticker okay :thumbsup: and yeah they would deserve an award for pulling you for it. I was talking about being pulled by an arsey copper for something else and if he/she went round your car to try and do you for other offences they could pick up on it but being honest you would have to have REALLY bad luck for that to happen! Looks clean after a polish!

Yeah cheers for those mate! :) Ahhh i understand now, Yeah that would be real bad luck! Cheers for the feedback :thumbsup:

Well the Lupo passed its MOT with flying colours today :thumbup:

Also dadhas rang VOSA and it turns out the insurance companies havent listed the car as a Cat C yet so we might not have to have a VIC test done, If the logbook comes through before it is registered then its all clear :thumbup::thumbup: :thumbup:

After a trip down to Ultimate Dubs which was brilliant, Spotted many of the lupos off the forum, Pictures just dont do them justice! Some real unique builds around! :)

Anyway, A set of coilovers was the outcome of the trip, Hopefully will be putting these on soonish :)

Coilovers are now on and fitted! really pleased with how its turned out!

Think its set at a reasonable height? the rears are all the way down with adjusters in and the fronts have 30 threads left on each :)

1453D976-E911-41CA-9963-1E2DFBFE23F4-162

E4A126F3-0317-4CB1-913E-568C99639915-162

919B67F9-2959-49FB-A1C2-2126687FF6D8-162

51F2895D-8130-488E-926F-CDD50FB826F2-162

After some advice from you guys on this one, When we fitted the coilovers (JOM by the way ) we stripped the bearing from the original front suspension and fitted it above the nut already on the coilovers then fitted the rubber shock absorber thing over the bearing , Slid the strut through to the bonnet and tightened it all up whilst on the jack, it was as tight as it woud possibly go on the jack and doesnt rattle or move, but after sitting on its wheels over night this is how it looks under the bonnet... Is this normal? have been reading up about it and some people as its because the nuts supplied with the coilovers are deeper then the factory ones therefore causing this rise? have driven with the bonnet up, up and down the drive and there is no movement or knocking coming from them and they are still as tight as they will go. Any help would be appreciated :)

DF38215D-42F7-4050-8644-97BB8E7ABD4C-162

If you excuse the pun, it looks like you have two nuts fitted. On mine I have the spring, then a little bit that sits on the spring that came with the coilies, then the vw top mount bits (two parts, the bearing and the rubber bit) then I have the actual car, then on top, one of the those top plates and finally a nut. I noticed when taking my original suspension that vw use another nut underneath that keeps the spring at a certain compression, pretty sure you don't need or want that one with coilies :)

Edited by JoeA

If you excuse the pun, it looks like you have two nuts fitted. On mine I have the spring, then a little bit that sits on the spring that came with the coilies, then the vw top mount bits (two parts, the bearing and the rubber bit) then I have the actual car, then on top, one of the those top plates and finally a nut. I noticed when taking my original suspension that vw use another nut underneath that keeps the spring at a certain compression, pretty sure you don't need or want that one with coilies :)

Ahh alright cheers mate! think i know what you mean! will get around to having a look at that soon, Cheers for the help mate :thumbsup:

Edited by JackRobo10
  • Like 1

I've got both nuts on mine, never had this problem, is your top mount bush seated and fitted the right way round? The top mount bush should be thick enough to take up the slack if its the right way round :)

Lupo looks tidy anyhow mate ^_^

Looking good, well rescued. You really confused me about the plates though - weren't allowed to run pressed plates? Who says? And you don't see the point in road legal pressed plates...so you got plates which aren't pressed, but aren't road legal either? Baffled.

Looking good, well rescued. You really confused me about the plates though - weren't allowed to run pressed plates? Who says? And you don't see the point in road legal pressed plates...so you got plates which aren't pressed, but aren't road legal either? Baffled.

Rather not be getting pulled for having pressed's as its an obvious difference to that of a standard plate, I meant as i would want to run the german style pressed plates and these are again more obviously illegal. Not a fan of the legal pressed's myself. And to be honest if i get pulled purely because of the 'ClubLupo.co.uk' they are clearly having a really bad day! :shades:

Personally I'd prefer to run legal pressed plates, get pulled, produce a copy of the regulations and tell 'em to get ****ed but that's just me :lol:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Been a while since i last updated this :(

But, a few changes have been made :) my centre dash and vents have been flocked black but dont have a picture yet!

Tried my had at detailing the other day for the first time properly, Obvioulsy my car is 12 years old so the paint has the odd age related blemish but im more than happy with the results :thumbup:

DSCF3205_zps391ffecb.jpg

DSCF3207_zps915f1c92.jpg

DSCF3206_zps82335e25.jpg

Sneaky reflection shot taken in the drivers door ;

DSCF3208_zps3d232f5a.jpg