Sound System

Hi Guys, I need to know what to do with my car in the sound department. I have literally no idea with any of this.

So basically what would people suggest for me to get? I dont want my car shaking, but I want some decent bass. Talk to me guys :wave:

Thanks, Conor

Try to stick to brands like JL Audio ,Hertz and Alpine even if on budget as you get a true RMS output figures and better clarity you cant go wrong with them ,,mix and match speaker setups is fine ,,Alpine amps and Hetz speakers are all ways a win win for me :)

Edited by audiocandy
  • Like 1

Basically, I'd say buy a new head unit (if the current one fitted is OEM) and a new set of door speakers and you'll notice a million times difference. The original head units are pretty average although mine always got better radio reception than any AM unit i've fitted. If you fancy single DIN, I suggest Alpine as they're quite smart. Double? I'd suggest Kenwood as they look similarly smart whereas I find Alpine double din very garish. Sound quality, there's very little difference between the big boys, they're all good, Kenwood, Pioneer, Alpine are all the dogs and to be honest, I think Sony are fast catching up, they certainly aren't bad, although I haven't tested enough stereos.

If you do want your car as an actual car that you can use for everything from picking up friends to doing the shopping I suggest not going all Barry boy with it. I need to be careful what I say here because I'll get jumped on by those who disagree, but seriously, if you want your Lupo like a normal every day car you really only need to change your front door speakers and head unit. If you desperately want sound coming from the back, a set of decent parcel shelf speakers wouldn't hurt. I don't recommend a sub, at least right now, I still don't get it.

Edited by Skezza